Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

Wheel scuffing - one side only

Hi

I seem to have a problem with the front right wheel scuffing on the inner arch, it was scuffing on the plastic onfront of the wheel and the metal work on near full left lock.

I loosened the 3 ball jopint bolts and pulled it towards me which has iliminated the scuffing on the metal I think, but even now sinse I have had the alignment & camber done, the wheel still rubs on the plastic inner arch that is onfron tof the leading edge of the wheel. It is as if the wheel is too far forward. I cant think of any way to adjust this - any one had/resolved this problem?

Cheers

Clearnace depeneds on which size rims you are running and how low you are running it... :roll:

You may well have to run without the plastic liners to get the clearance you need if you are running 17's and rather low.... :wink:

If it is touching the plastic, maybe you can heat it with a hot air stripper and hold it out of the way til it cools.

If it is on metalwork, how about adjusting it with a soft mallet?

Gavin

running standard bbs rims, and is actually not that lowered, still at least an inch between wheel and arch (but cant see my car at the moment due to the horizontal snow flying past the window)

If it's on the standard 15" rims, and not REALLY low, then you've got a pretty serious suspension problem if you're getting rubbing... :shock:

I'd advise getting it checked out ASAP! :?

but even now sinse I have had the alignment & camber done, the wheel still rubs on the plastic inner arch

cant think why its happening.

cant think why its happening.

dodgy top mount,

dodgy ball joint,

dodgy wishbone bushes,

dodgy wheel bearing...

There's enought bits on the front suspension that only one of them could cause this problem... There's also enough parts that this should be professionally looked at ASAP! :?

I'd have said that they should have noticed when they did the cast/camber setup.

Also worth checking if you've any extraneous bits of mudflap sticking out!! That was a problem on mine till I ditched the nasty old rusty mudflaps.