Critical_Mass

Wheel poke - pulling arches?

The wheels arent on the car any more Nath, infact im getting rid of them. BUT i still love seeing the work. It does look mean in the pics. Daft question alert!!!! - how do you know how much to pull each side and how do you know you've pulled the rear ns arch the same as the rear os arch and same with the fronts?

im going to perve on the work youve done now, aha looked nice in the picture i jsut saw...

And mate, those arches look mint, did you use the tool to pull the arches and did he do different bits on the marking points as i was planning on trying my hand at doing the myself as if its 25 bob to get the tool for a week then thats pretty good, saves me buying one...

Good luck mate, will look pukkas with paint...

The arch roller is rubbish much easier and a much better result by dollying it out by hand,

The arches were made to fit aroun the tyres I had on the car and the car set at the ride height I wanted to achieve I didn't want any rubbing issues, to make sure everything was equal the bumper was fitted and re fitted to get the right gaps shape and look the original lines were kept as I wanted a stock look

looks nice too, also what is dollying...

This may seem silly to you but to me it meas nothing and it would help to know what it meant.

Thanks

:cuckoo:

Hammer and dolly mate, hammer hittin the metal on one side, dolly on the other.

This is how i did my arches,front are easy,rears i separated the inner tub from the arches and pulled them out and harmed them out,not easy but got it to the point only a skim of filler was needed to finish it off.

DSC_8749.jpg

Picture053.jpg

Picture024.jpg

DSC_8752.jpg

Love the work on both these cars seen james in the flesh and looked such a good job soooooooooooo jealous

Love the work on both these cars seen james in the flesh and looked such a good job soooooooooooo jealous

Cheers mate...the good old days... :salute:

and yea they were cut and reweled,the inner tub is the inner arch,then reweled and seam sealed them undercoat and then stonechiped.

James what did you do to seperate the two skins? I've not dug the old sealer of yet to see what I'm goin to be workin with, did it require much heat when hammer and dollying? When I did the ones on my mk2 they were a doddle much like corrado fronts I guess, little to no heat just pateince n no fear. I'm a little scared of the rears, it will be one arch a weekend. Start on A Friday night n hopefully be drivin to work Monday morning job done just a sloppy paint patch up

I used no heat,it would have been better for sure but i just batterd them untill i got the shape i was after.

As for the skin they only have around 4 spot weleds and the rest is boded together,basicly dont bother finding the spot welded just cut the inner arch all the way round as close as you can to the outer arch.....it takes time.....lots of it and plenty of grinding with you neck pointing in the wrong direction :lol: then its a matter of bending the inner tub away and using a shape dolly to get it to the shape of the outer arch....and then re hammer the inner arch back to the outer skin and spot weld it together,this also gives you much more tyre clearance,after that you need to seal it up real good to keep the weather out and then spray cavity wax from the inside with trims removed.

I tried to use a arch roller but got no where fast as the the steal used is thick! combined that with the inner and outer tub will never happen :bad-words:

Cheers James, I thought theyed be more than 4 spots in there, I'm guessing you did more than 4 spots after, I can see hammering the inner arch up tight to the outter one being a pain,

yea i just welded tacks all round and this would make it more stiffer than oem, hammering the inner arch was not to bad,just were ear defenders! :lol:

its worth it imop,gets the look i was after and matched up the rear bumper nicly to the arches 8)

28022010115.jpg

plenty more pics here mate.

http://s561.photobucket.com/albums/ss60 ... ?start=all

Yeh I've had a good read thru your thread, I was Thinkin ied get my mate to weld all around to stiffen it up. Thanks

bloody nice work.

From all parties.

Loving it, that red corrado looks clean as too.

Looks nice with the black centers, where the bumper meets the arch is there any welding needed to make it look clean/oem?

SORRY ITS TOOK A WHILE BUT I HAD TO DIG THESE OUT....

P1040538.jpg

P1040539.jpg

P1040540.jpg

P1040541.jpg

P1040542.jpg

SWDubs08NatesRado.jpg

Best style of pulled arches u can get imo. Looks factory.

Im copying you :lol:

There only plastic so you can alter them to work with a rolled lip, bit of plastic welding and apply heat in the right areas

Ahh so i can adapt then that ok im a bit annoyed that the rears a re a pain to do its always the same int it you can do it but its always a bit harder on a corrado

Iv got to sort it the im running 9's all round with an et of 15 so quite pokey lol