Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

leaking footwell? not matrix

the car isnt loosing water as it hasnt moved last 6 month and when it was on te road the flor was soaked few times and almost got mouldy which coolant wudnt but whenever it rains heavy i get a soaked passenger side footwell (driver to you lot as mine LHD), i used to top water up once every month if that so it not a coolant leak so is there a common seal which causes it as it bone dry at the mo but soon as the terrential rain comes it get soggy again and i chucked a bucker of water b4 over the windscreen and say in drip into car after :shrug:

Take the door card off and there's a membrane between it and the door that should stop water coming in. Also check the drain holes in the bottom of the door.

OR you could use the search as this has been covered about 3 million times ;)

Advanced search:

+water +carpet*

Search only in Interior and return threads rather than posts.

I bet there's even 1 or 2 threads on the first page of the Interior forum....

Edit: Yep, one here that's 3 pages long: http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 19&t=76201

As Fla said check the vent under the scuttle panel. theres also 2 drain holes on both wings under the scuttle panel. Mine were that blocked with dirt and leaves that it filled with water and im talking an inch deep :?

Or could be a knackered windscreen seal, or could be a rust hole around the windscreen frame, or could be a grommet missing, or could be a mischeavious otter?

its not coming in anwhere near the door :confused4: , it drips from behind the dash, and my centrol locking tempremental on that side so the door aint going nowhere at the mo lol

I was mentioning as a possibility. Tbh, reading your posts makes my eyes bleed so I tend to just get the general jist of what you're asking and guess the rest :tongue:

The search would still have helped ;)

my car has NO rust, spent most its life hiding in the lovely weather haha, it seems to be when water flows in between the window and bonnet gap in large amounts,

and how do my posts make ya eyes bleed haha?

I'm hi-jacking!

I just managed to get the carpet dried out and scrubbed the green stains out (i think the carpet's shrunk a little) but with all the rain last night it's developed a wet patch :mad2: . It's in the front passenger footwell coming from the centre console, half way between the front edge of the passenger seat and firewall, in line with the gearstick. Any ideas?

At first i thought it was the blower motor grill when the full footwell was wet, but that would be seeping in from the other side. I've done a search and from what i gather if it's the heater matrix then the driver footwell would be soaked?

I've just finished night shift and i'm annoyed :(

I'm hi-jacking!

I just managed to get the carpet dried out and scrubbed the green stains out (i think the carpet's shrunk a little) but with all the rain last night it's developed a wet patch :mad2: . It's in the front passenger footwell coming from the centre console, half way between the front edge of the passenger seat and firewall, in line with the gearstick. Any ideas?

At first i thought it was the blower motor grill when the full footwell was wet, but that would be seeping in from the other side. I've done a search and from what i gather if it's the heater matrix then the driver footwell would be soaked?

I've just finished night shift and i'm annoyed :(

Right, everyone stop panicing! i found it, it was the heater blower after all :oops: . The water was running along above the glovebox undertray, and down various trunking and cables to the centre console!

I work in a jet engine factory so i'm sure i can find something that'll seal it good'n proper!

...............................dancingbanana.gif.......................

You can buy a new seal from vag for about £9. Check my posts as there is some pictures of the same problem. Its a good idea to use a bit of sealent as well as the new seal.