Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

polo g40`s

how fast are they through the gears??some lads saying his will do 85 mph in 2nd gear,i know they are wicked little cars but 85 in 2nd,if its true im buying myself a g40 gearbox and stick the 2nd gear cogs in mine :? :shock:

have u been on the pvw forum lol

yeah saw that but dont believe it even without a limiter its way to hard to get that

look at me my limiter is sitting at 7500rpm and i get just under 70pm out of 2nd so i cant see me getting 85mph at 8000rpm

the only way i can see him doing that is if he is getting alot of wheel spin which always shows up more than the car really is doing

I have slightly shorter gearing in my G40, mine only does 51 mph @ 6966 with 195/45-14

85 mph, yeah right. With 175/60-13 (g40 std tires) and std gearing you need to have 9400 rpm. 6500 rpm in 3rd is around 85 mph

I think my old G40 would do near enough 60 in second if it was screaming.

They are quick cars though, no doubt about it. I think my old G40 was similar to my current VR6 in straight line performance (up to 100 anyway) and was certainly faster than my old G60.

85 in 2nd! Not even Vauxhalls and diesels have gearing that tall! The VR can only just do 72 in second and that has tall gearing.

The words flight, fantasy and of, spring so readily to mind.....

K

85 in second :roll: You need 3rd to crack 60 in the G!

Shit hot wee cars, I love mine, it's a crazy little bastard! :-P :twisted:

Alan

He he, yeh I saw that and it's abit of a question really. Mine I can only just hit about 58 in second and thats slamming it off the limiter (not good) this is well annoying cos it would be good to get it over 60 in second. This is with the jabba chip which has a reduced limit of 6500 due to the 65mm pulley.

I ran a special 8K chip at santapod last year supplied by PSD they had it as a test chip, my charger had work done by them so they trusted it to rev that high, so of course I tried it out and not even at 7500 in second did I reach 80!! although I went over the line in third at 96mph..................lol it was screaming, The rev counter on the G only goes to 7k so it was well weird watching it fly past the redline mark.

Anyway I am fitting a seperate oil supply to my charger supplied again by PSD this will allow me to rev my engine higher with out worrying about those mega high oil pressures and surges going through me charger.

Mind you I try not to stay in second too long as it just spins in mine..........lol