Sign in to follow this  
stu

Exhaust hanger!

The hanger has snapped on my VR's exhaust, on the pipe going into the centre section: (See Pic)

Would it be possible to weld back, or am I looking at a new centre section?

2ndly, A wishbone rear bush has started to split. Is it worth the upgrade to poly bushes??

And last of all, does anyone know where I can get the car hooked up to VAG-COM in the East Midlands?

Thanks in advance, Stu :D

Yeah common problem that on the VR. I've had mine rewelded a few times but the bar always falls off again. I've just wrapped two large jubilee clips (in a criss-cross fashion) around the pipe and hanger. Seems to hold it firmly enough.

Rear wishbone bushes. Yeah if they're split, time to change them. I wouldn't go for poly personally but it's your choice. A brand new VAG bush will be a lot firmer than your 10 year old squishy one.

I have VAG-COM but I'm in East Anglia.

Kev

going by the picture showing your exhaust centre section if i were you i would start saving some cash and get a cat-back S/S system fitted sooner rather than later :wink:

Thanks Kev, advice noted!!

As for the VAG-COM, cheers for the offer, but your a fair way away. If Leicester get relegated, and the're playing the 'swich, i'll let you know!

And Roddy, I'm saving all my money for an insurance renewal, the robbing ba5tards. All I can say is thank god for the xmas bonus!

The exhaust may look really past it, but so does mine and amazingly it's leak free - and it passed the MOT with the jubliee clips!

I'm waiting for mine to literally fall off and by then, we may have the 10 people needed for the Magnex group buy :lol:

Dr Mat (I think) aquired a VAG exhaust from G&S for £155 all in.

K

£155 + VAT, I should point out... And that doesn't include the small silencer behind the CAT, but still a bargain IMHO.

So that was for center and back boxes?

And was it a genuine article?

If it was I may be tempted, cos it's still the original and it's been on 10 years.

It was extremely genuine, with all the VW stickers and even the VW logo embossed in the back box!

Yep, centre and rear boxes. The only drawback is it's all one piece, so you need to cut+shut or drop the back axle to fit it. But given that it'll last for another 10 years, chances are you'll never have to touch it again..