Sign in to follow this  
The_Dude

who owns this one?

out of the 4 the corrado has aged well :) the probe and prelude are damn ugly while the calibra is a chavalier

out of the 4 the corrado has aged well :) the probe and prelude are damn ugly while the calibra is a chavalier

You can say that again

Well said tyler, the prelude looks the most dated imo... well maybe not as dated as the probe but its not far off.

'the corrado is a pretty son of a gun' 8)

One of the commonest things people say to me about the corrado, after

'Is it a VR6?' :p ......is that it still looks good! :clap:

The video demonstrates why the corrado is a classic.

It's the only one that has retained its looks.

Sorry,i'd be embarrassed to get in any of the others.

Probe!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :pukeright: :lol: :lol:

err, i used to like them. :camp: even considered getting the 24v v6. glad i didn't!

"This is espresso, like the Corrado, one shot of it and it blows your head off" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Around these parts, in terms of maturity, we prefer to refer to cheese rather than wine :tongue:

Around these parts, in terms of maturity, we prefer to refer to cheese rather than wine :tongue:

:lol: after all these years... i should have known better (slaps own wrist)

Sorry.. .ages like a ripe cheese :D

Had a good old txt msg rant with a mate of mine with a prelude. At the end of the day, as I said to him, I'll listen to what Clarkson has to say about how cars drive but I'd be worried about taking advice on what looks gd from a man with his fashion sense :D

Had a good old txt msg rant with a mate of mine with a prelude. At the end of the day, as I said to him, I'll listen to what Clarkson has to say about how cars drive but I'd be worried about taking advice on what looks gd from a man with his fashion sense :D

take it you are on about Dave "twice as nice" Rice? :lol:

well said buddy 8)

They are all products of their time, the Prelude and especially the Probe have aged badly, very badly. Nothing these days has pop up front lights. I reckon a few details on the Calibra and Corrado (window frames, lights, size of alloys etc) could make them look like 2009 cars. I think forget the Vauxhall GM hating, the basic shape has held up pretty well. The Corrado certainly has retained it's looks, compare and contrast to the nowhere near as nice new Corrado.

They are all products of their time, the Prelude and especially the Probe have aged badly, very badly. Nothing these days has pop up front lights. I reckon a few details on the Calibra and Corrado (window frames, lights, size of alloys etc) could make them look like 2009 cars. I think forget the Vauxhall GM hating, the basic shape has held up pretty well. The Corrado certainly has retained it's looks, compare and contrast to the nowhere near as nice new Corrado.

Agreed! When the Prelude came out, it was pretty special. However, like the Probe, it's aged terribly. Calibra is actually quite a nice looking car, and as you say, with a few tweeks still looks good today. The Corrado looks good full stop. It has dated, but again, a few tweeks and it looks much more modern. Amazing how just changing tails and side indicators can transform a Corrado.

take it you are on about Dave "twice as nice" Rice? :lol:

well said buddy 8)[/quote:3lsa209z]

The one and only :lol:

Ahh that took me back..... days when Top Gear actually did car reviews :D

I've said it before but I think from certain angles the Corrado is sex, the front has aged, but side and rear views still look damn good, its just that proper sweeping coupe line from front to back that does it for me..... :norty:

Subtle drop, nice alloys, new repeaters and all red rears. Simple. As.

`

I don't disagree that the Corrado looks fantastic, but it certainly has aged.

...very well indeed!

You really should finish your sentences...

Thinking this one over and... Clarkson isn't actually that wrong in his opinions. At least he isn't if you allow for the timeframe etc. At the time of launch for the probe it was consdered to be an excellent car with great looks etc, the Prelude was supposed to be the best looking coupe and the Calibra was the 'workhorse' coupe that was available for all with a "low" price tag. The only reason ths is amusing now is that the cars have all aged differently with the Corrado now being by far the better out of the 4. However, at the time, the Corrado was hardly even heard of really and although it was considered an excellent car by many reviewers it never really did get the right reviews (imo) from Top Gear etc. Seems that it almost faded in to the background at the time...