Sign in to follow this  
GaVR6in

Central locking ( 2hrs searching no joy)

I have just replaced my central locking pump as the last one burnt out, and it now works but it only locks the car, it wont unlock it, does any bpdy know what could be causing the problem.

also as I have de locked handles I take it this means the door handles wont be wired to the system?

The pump sucks to lock the car, but does not blow to open it. But if I dsconnect the air pipe and lock it the pump keeps sucking and if I open it like this the pump will then start blowing, so to make sense of it if I suck blow suck blow with the pipe of its fine but if I suck cover the hole and then try to blow it wont blow

If I get the pump blowing first and then put the pipe back on it opens everything but If I try it with the pipe connected it does nothing at all?

take it apart , and grease it up .

be carefull there is some springs in there with o-rings on the ends

Raddo man

Do you mean the pump Raddo man if so I have opened up the old one but had to force it, but I have taken the back off but thats it I dont want to force the internals out, plus I cant see what needs creasing in the old one anyway?

Ok pump open I have taken the 3 screws out and clean the round black moving part, cant see what else to take apart so put it back together and its still the same :brickwall: :(

is teh pump not opening the locks or are the locks simply not moving? If the former, remove the air lines and operate the pump without load. If this is OK, then the problem will need to be traced to the air circuit. Do none of the locks open? Does the lock make a kind of 'mooing' noise both for locking and unlocking?

when the pump is not connected to the air line it will run if I lock the car on the fob and then open the car on the fob,(sucks blows sucks blows) while the pump is running and I connect the air line it will open the locks, but if the pump is connected to the air line it will lock the car from the fob but the pump does not start/unlock when the air line is connected.

Gav.. sounds like a weak pump... on the unlock cycle. Possible seal leak...

As Tom says Try another... takes more to unlock IIRC as working against the lock mechanism.

Could try disconnecting one door see if that helps?

I have the same problem as Gav. I also sold Gav the pump :grin: I have tried three pumps all known to be working and they havent made any difference.

I have pretty much narrowed the problem down to the wiring in the A-Pillars I think. Just need to investigate which side is not giving the open command to the pump. I also need to get a new door handle as the central locking wire in that hast bust.

I used this check list from Yandards viewtopic.php?f=19&t=77994

Worth taking the door cards off and checking all the wiring with a multi meter.

If it isnt the wiring in my A-Pillars then I give up as I have checked and swapped out everything else!

Hope it helps

Matt

So you sold me a dodgy pump :wink: as leonard says really but I have had the drivers door card off and that seems ok but the handle is shogged but that is a passat one so not connected to the c/l anyway :brickwall:

Gav, if you have Passat Handle, do you also have Passat mechanism too?

Might be worth getting a Rado handle and Mech, swap them out and see if that works?

Well I am still waiting for my passat handle to come, but when I start trying to resolve it I will try that Cheers Deviant