Sign in to follow this  
n3p

Where does this go? (16v)

I knew i'd lose track of something during the swap! I think it goes around the airbox somewhere? Cheers

I knew i'd lose track of something during the swap! I think it goes around the airbox somewhere? Cheers

behind the off side headlight, in front of the air box

Might be on the other side, will take a look later on when I get home :salute:

I'm pretty sure it is that, should have a bent over tab that screws to the slam panel with a self tapper, it allows access to change the headlight bulb and adjuster I think.

I'm pretty sure it is that, should have a bent over tab that screws to the slam panel with a self tapper, it allows access to change the headlight bulb and adjuster I think.

That does seem to ring a bell, now that you mention it i might just leave it off! OS headlight access can be a right PITA sometimes!

it allows access to change the headlight bulb and adjuster I think.

Yeah it does. Supposedly. Still skinned 39 knuckles trying to change my bulb though. Couldn't remove the whole unit due to rusted to **** fixing screws!! :mad2:

Off-Side (Drivers side), couple of screws to hold it in place.

Off topic and Hijack, anyone got any tips for getting those rusted screws out which hold the actual lamp unit in?? :D

Off topic and Hijack, anyone got any tips for getting those rusted screws out which hold the actual lamp unit in?? :D

lots of lengthy soaking in WD40 and a very sharp correctly sized new phillips screwdriver with lots of pressure to stop slipping

if you've already rounded the head then I'm out of ideas :(

lots of lengthy soaking in WD40 and a very sharp correctly sized new phillips screwdriver with lots of pressure to stop slipping

if you've already rounded the head then I'm out of ideas :(

They'd already been rounded off previous to my ownership unfortunately. :?

Tried WD40 and a No.2 Posidrive, no luck though. Really didn't want to break anything trying to remove them, but wanted to change them out before the rust spreads into the slam panel...

Cheers anyway though...

how about:

I have a drill extension piece that was only a few quid, you could use one of those to get a drill bit onto the head going vertically down through the hole in the slam panel, a bit of tape around the extension shaft would protect the paint around the hole in the slam panel.

drill the top off the bugger then, just be carefull as you get close to finishing it off.