Sign in to follow this  
radojunkie

g60 next mod advice

I also fitted the golf G60 FMIC, fits very well, got mine from German ebay, ebay.de last year, for 300 euro around £250 , you will also need all the assosiated pipe work and fittings not a cheap modification, cost me around £500 all in! but one of the best you can do to a corrado G60 def worth it :D

a few pics to show how it all roughly fits pipework charger u bend etc...

right then my internet had packed in for around two months, which was way too many. but i managed to get some parts together ready to fit.

i know its not a g60 front mount, but i now have a cosworth intercooler with custom made ends and the relevant pipework to fit it. its properly fat and will fit in between the headlights, (may need to relocate the battery, any ideas how?)

my mates going to sort most of the standard rubber items and make up some stainless tubing using his industrial pipe bender. waaay

i also have a new 16 row mocal oil cooler and thermostatic sandwhich plate, oh and a custom made stainless 4 into 1 manifold

as for gas flowing the head. any companies supply them ready done and what sort of price would i be looking at, henny your head sounds amazing (not to be taken the wrong way tho :D )

I've heard the G-werks big valve heads are the best but seriously expensive... Have a look at the site to get an idea. After all the usual chip, pulley, FMIC, injectors, cam stuff I guess its the only way to get more power and keep the G60ness of the car. Some people use ported throttle bodies and inlet manifolds as well to help the flow.

g60ness best word of the day! which injectors would you recommend on here?

ive also heard of vr6 fuel pumps being used with vr6 lightened flywheels, has anyone had any experience of that...

g60ness best word of the day! which injectors would you recommend on here?

ive also heard of vr6 fuel pumps being used with vr6 lightened flywheels, has anyone had any experience of that...

VR6 clutches get used when there is serious power going through it. I have one on mine, but the flywheel is a G60 one which has been lightened. Has the effect of making it rev easier. Standard fuel pump should be fine for most applications. For example my G60 is currently running nearly 250bhp at the flywheel (1.9l engine rebuild, 65mm pulley, etc etc), and I'm using the standard fuel pump with red top injectors and standard fuel pressure. Normal injectors will be fine up to around 210 at the flywheel, after which you'll need reds up until around 250. After than you either need new injectors or boost the fuel pressure.

glad the car went to a good home mate and your loving the G60 experience! guess i should change my sig now then! 8)

Cheers mate, if i hadnt of seen your add i possibly wouldnt have bought one :shock:

right i have got the engine and gear box of me dreams in and running. Still got the intercooler to fit and tuning to get done. I have bought a high flow cossie intercooler with custom outlets. its pretty small being around 40cm long but deep, sadly it wont fit between the headlights as its too long :( where do you guys usually stick them? and where would you go to get it tuned? would you suggest a new map too, its already got an sns chip in her?

The spec is as follows:

Jabbasport fully Rebuilt 1.9 Bottom End,

Je low compression Pistons,

9A 16v Rods,

Later crank Fitted,

New Oil Pump Bearings and Seals,

Lightened Flywheel,

Fully Balanced Bottom End,

TSR pack C Big Valve Head,

Piper 285 Cams Shaft,

Polished Rocker Cover and Head,

Sachs vr6 clutch,

red top injectors,

fk highsport coilovers,

4-2-1 custom made stainless steel manifold,

cutom made cosworth front mount intercooler,

wdp40 spark plugs,

jsb sequential shift lights in oem+ housing,

stage 4 supercharger,

68mm pulley and sns chip,

8mm wide supercharger belt,

full miltek exhaust with de-cat pipe,

1st,2nd,reverse vr6 gearing with LSD,

2 x 12" stage 3 rockford fosgate subwoofers (500w rms each), big power amp (just the one)

You could try and get it low, into the airflow through the bottom grills. If not then behind the bumper and remove the number plate recess like some have done on here.

I'd get it remapped, no point doing all this work and not getting the most from it.

The spec is as follows:

Jabbasport fully Rebuilt 1.9 Bottom End,

Je low compression Pistons,

9A 16v Rods,

Later crank Fitted,

New Oil Pump Bearings and Seals,

Lightened Flywheel,

Fully Balanced Bottom End,

TSR pack C Big Valve Head,

Piper 285 Cams Shaft,

Polished Rocker Cover and Head,

Sachs vr6 clutch,

red top injectors,

fk highsport coilovers,

4-2-1 custom made stainless steel manifold,

cutom made cosworth front mount intercooler,

wdp40 spark plugs,

jsb sequential shift lights in oem+ housing,

stage 4 supercharger,

68mm pulley and sns chip,

8mm wide supercharger belt,

full miltek exhaust with de-cat pipe,

1st,2nd,reverse vr6 gearing with LSD,

2 x 12" stage 3 rockford fosgate subwoofers (500w rms each), big power amp (just the one)

You should be looking at around 250bhp for that setup (with about 220-230lbft). Key will be the map though, without that you'll be nowhere. You'll also be getting towards the limits of the redtop injectors, so you might want to have a 3.5bar Porsche fuel pressure reg on standby to squeezew a bit more out of them.

Its nice to know some figures! I definely want around the 250/60 mark, its quick and the acceleration is unreal, love it! how was the live remap and where do you go JMC? also what sort of price would i expect to pay? ive heard of sns doing custom chips for a few hundred quid, would you say this would be more beneficial or the live remap option?

I want to keep the car as standardish looking as possible. Hate the cutout number plate look, a bit cheap imo. So it looks like it'll have to be through the air vents below the numberplat recess, unless anyone else has got any crazy ideas of where to put it.....

PM'd with a few details mate as there are a few options.

Good options mate, have to mull it over, (pm sent back). I just fancied somewher a bit differnet for the cooler or any ideas of doing it differently...like how mr lamin-X (sorry dont know his name) has the cut out no.plate with balck mesh and number plate numbers sprayed on white to the mesh, but its a black car and think it would look w*nk on mine.

thought of something! think with cash permitting, im going to site the cooler behind the no.plate, get a mk1 golf holder to put the no. plate by the air vents (below where it is now) and get the plate recess flushed, then il drill holes into the bumper, a bit like having the grill piece inplace and it'll hopefully look a bit better then a grill once painted :clap: anyone else ever done this? or would know the process of getting this done is very welcome to comment.

Yeah there was one who smoothed over the bumper then drilled loads of holes about 15mm diameter all over where the number plate was. Can't remember who that was though (doh). Few other have done similar mods - I did an FK grill in the space, Riley did the mesh, and I're sure one of the VR6 turbo guys did something as well. When I was looking to do mine I did a few searches on here for inspiration.