Sign in to follow this  
Adz The Rat

Breaking A Corrado

Does anyone have any experience of breaking one??

A friend of mine just broke his Polo G40 for bits and made more than he bought the car for a year ago.

Just a thought, am I going to be better breaking my VR to get my money out of it seeing as its not selling?

How much can you get out of one??

Big sigh :( its really sad that cars aren't selling mate but please hang onto it a while longer! it looks a cracking example and this was the car featured in VW Audi wasn't it! try mentioning that in your add if you haven't already done so.

Good luck.

Kip

Maybe £1500-£2000 depending on how much you strip and whats bits its got. Braking a car is a pain in the ass though, so you have to factor in how much you value your time fighting to get parts/panels off, storing them, selling them, sending them etc etc - it's not as easy as it may seem :(

Regarding selling your car, the only advice I can give is to try and make it look as standard as possible, standard grill/lights/wheels etc will all make it more appealing. I think as time goes on more and more people are looking for standard Corrados as opposed to modded ones, so to increase your chances of a sale you're better off trying to appeal to the wider audience so to speak!

Good luck with it either way though mate!

Yea mine is the one from VW Audi mag.

I would hate to break it, suppose if it will only make £1500 or there abouts then I should be more patient!

I've never broken a VR6 so maybe you'd get a bit more, but either way - i'd rather sell a car for £1000 than brake one for £1500, it's not worth the hassle/time/effort for any less than £500 more than you could sell it in one piece for IMO

my garage and driveway are still recovering from breaking a G60 3 years ago

yes you can make more money out of it than selling the car whole,but you don't get the money in one lump sum just in dribs and drabs,also not the best idea if you ain't mechanically minded,not to mention the hassle with people saying they'll buy stuff and then let you down,ive still got a few bits leftover from the G60 I broke in 2006

if you can have patience and keep with selling the car,perhaps when the 5th gear article comes out it might renew interest in the Corrado again

Yea my mate said it was alot of hassle breaking the G40, he only did it as he crashed it and the shell was un-repairable.

I think I just need to be more patient, something Im not good at!!

Such a shame that it has come down to this :(

As said, I think standard is the way to go to get it shifted anytime soon.

Well good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Keep it you know you want to! :D

Walesys idea is also a good one matey, some speedlines and a standard grill will help no end. :wink:

:( Gone are the threads on restoring rados. It's all people breaking them at the moment. That's why I've decided to buck the trend. New clutch is going on the Golf in a couple of weeks (I'm not going to be able to sell it for much as it is) and then it's getting sold on with the proceeds going towards rebuilding my G60 from the ground up which will commence after the show season has finished. :D

Walesys idea is also a good one matey, some speedlines and a standard grill will help no end. :wink:

deffo

:( Gone are the threads on restoring rados. It's all people breaking them at the moment.

I'm restoring one!!! Whoot. Fork knows why, it's destroying me finacially! Lol.

Breaking cars is a pain in the arse. Especially if you are disorganised like me.

I've loads and loads of bits left from my two breakers. One of them has most of the interior in it still... You also have to get rid of the shells.

It normally works along the lines of the good stuff going quickly, and then ending up with loads of tat that you can't shift. I am a natural hoarder which doesn't help me...

Yes.

The seats are mostly gone, I think... But I have a lot of the trim...

[i've loads and loads of bits left from my two breakers..............

It normally works along the lines of the good stuff going quickly, and then ending up with loads of tat that you can't shift..............

But if you can palm it off onto someone else to store for you it helps to keep your own place a bit tidier!

:wave:

It normally works along the lines of the good stuff going quickly, and then ending up with loads of tat that you can't shift..............

But if you can palm it off onto someone else to store for you it helps to keep your own place a bit tidier!

Erm that'll be your bumper Tom :lol:

Erm that'll be your bumper Tom :lol:

:lol:

I can collect at Stonor?

i've got the choice of breaking 2 at the moment which only have mechanical stuff wrong with them.. is a difficult decision as they might just make their money back if they were fixed. still i suppose thats better than my main one which wouldn't make its money back ever :lol:

i've got the choice of breaking 2 at the moment which only have mechanical stuff wrong with them.. is a difficult decision as they might just make their money back if they were fixed. still i suppose thats better than my main one which wouldn't make its money back ever :lol:

2??? where did the other one spring from? :confused4:

ive just aquired a 1.8 16v that i reckon i`ll have to break aswell, i did a crashed one 4years ago and made about 1200 but sold the shell etc still running so lots more couldve gone

such a shame to break a running on though

adz swap cars and break mine and i`ll drive yours lol