Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

**MODS** BlackCircles discounts

Mods,

After a recent purchase of some tyres from Blackcircles.com, I asked if it would be possible to give any discount to Corrado Forum members? They seem keen enough to oblige but would like a mod to get in touch with them to discuss and also give some info about the forum.

The person to get in contact with is Steven Guthrie who is the Marketing Executive [email protected] or 01721 725 056

Would any mod care to do this?

I just thought it would be a great benefit to us all to save even a small amount of cash on something we will buy many times due to owning a car.

Thanks

Gaz

What's in it for me?

Hmmmm

Ok, I'll drop him a line if another Mod hasn't done it in the next 15 mins or so - just going to make some grub :)

Has anyone ever used a company called Camskill before?

http://www.camskill.co.uk/

Used them about a month back for a set of 4 tyres and even though I'm on the Isle of Man, they even managed to get them delivered - something most other tyre companies can't manage! I think I did price up some from BlackCircles but delivery meant it was a no go.

Anyway, Camskill come with an extremely high recommendation from me - think they turning the order round in a couple of days from start to finish and had pretty good prices to boot.

I always use Camskill, pretty hard to beat usually for price and service :wink:

We can't just approach every company and ask them to give us a forum discount :) Of couse it's usually in both parties' interests but we tend to prefer sticking to companies who actually have a Corrado involvement rather than just cold-calling random companies.

Feel free to talk to them though and if it sounds like something that might work, we're happy to take things forward.

Yep, sorry, just been busy.

Basically ....

up to £100 you save £2.00

up to £150 you save £4.00

up to £200 you save £6.40

up to £300 you save 8.00

up to £400 you save 10.40

over £400 you save £12.80

I know every little helps an' all but it sounds like you're typically saving about a tenner on a full set of decent tyres which is about 2-3%, very roughly.

We can sign up if there's a few people that want to take advantage of the offer but personally I think the savings are fairly minimal....

I'd have to agree tbh.... the savings very minimal indeed. I thought they'd have given a better discount then that, i really cant believe how little the discount is. I dont think i'd be out of line for saying pathetic, £100 and they'd only give you £2 off :confused4:

Oh well, i suppose thats the end of that.... if you dont ask you dont find out.

Yep indeed. Steve who I spoke to was a very nice chap and I know it's going to come down to company policy etc but the savings do seem like it's not really worth the extra effort. But, as Steve said to me, you're already making a pretty good saving compared to the highstreet so guess we can't really complain.

No not at all. The 2 Toyos i got from there were a really good price. Just a bit disappointed with the discount. Nevermind ey.

Cheers for contacting him.