Sign in to follow this  
Baylez

first pictures online need to know what people think

Finnaly got round to getting sum photos sorted and put on here, need opinions on what i should do to her

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

DSC00763.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

yeah, i definatly wanna make the engine bay as pretty as possible, and my house is like a vw museum, weve got 2 old skool beetles a new beetle, a mk2 golf and a bay here aswell lol

I'll keep an eye out for you - my parents live in Hunstanton and I go up and see them once every couple of months :) Rado looks good! :)

Looks nice, well done chap!

(Moving to Members Gallery - people tend to keep a thread going for their car updates as things progress)

Personally I'd lose or paint the eyebrow spoiler and sort out those indicators/fogs - they look a bit yellow/manky!

the more white ones i see the more i want one nice car engine bay looks good :) where abouts did you get the power roar from?

Oe thing... New Rear plate! and loose the Plate holder

Apart from that :clap:

yeah, i definatly wanna make the engine bay as pretty as possible, and my house is like a vw museum, weve got 2 old skool beetles a new beetle, a mk2 golf and a bay here aswell lol

all I have to say is lucky fella!

and nice looking bay

New alloys, new front fogs, new rear plate and lose the surround (maybe a buyer above?!), de-wiper, lose the front light cover thingy and you're all good!! C's look sweet in white - proper retro! Nice looking motor buddy.

Very nice mate, have seen it a couple of times round lynn. Managed to have a good look round when it was in for starting problems at gile bros a good few months back. There are quite a few Corrados in lynn now. Where abouts in lynn you from?

yeah i need too freshen her up a bit, ie; re do-do both number plates, only keeping the wheels until tyres are knackerd, fake split rims really aint kool, (any suggestions on wheeels would be good as my wheel knowledge is poor), close up there are a ton of dents down the doors and the paint job is real naff but for the purpose of photos and from a small distance, its clean enuf.

i quite liked the eyebrow thingy, might toy with painting it, but i think ill definatly keep it.

now u mention the fogs, they are pretty yellow.

i still havent figured out this quoting buisness, but was it you i saw in north bin at the mini roundabout with the green rado and the enthusuastic wave renson?

and it still has starting problems lol, i think the isv int kicking in sumtimes, it trys to idle thden just stalls, wierd

It was me indeed, nothing wrong with North Bin i'll have you know lived there for half my life :lol:

If you think its the ISV take it off and clean it out. Mine ran like a bag of poop and would not idle so i blasted it out with clutch cleaner. Some poeple soak it in petrol too. If not i don't think it will be much help but i have a scan tool that will read it. But sure it will only really do the ABS. More than willing to have a look another night with you, i work on north lynn ind est so if you want any help let me know. I also have emissions testers and autodata at work so might be able to work something out.

Seems that we have quite a few corrado's in kings lynn. There is mine, yours, my mate Dans (grey) 16v, mate mikes blue VR6, another white VR6 which is often parked near me, a blue g60 and a black g60,red 16v, blackberry VR6 often seen by on the hospital bypass, another grey 16v on g60 steelies and last year a bloke who worked near me had a nugget but don't know if thats still about. Also see now and again the Green/Black and orange/black special edition corrados around. Seems that they are becoming too popular may have to start driving the gf's orange arosa to stand out now :( :( These are getting far to common :shock:

ure mate dan wouldnt be pricey by any chance wud it? his is off road at mo, having the head sorted lol. yeh i used to live top end of north bin, now back at mum down marsh lane. my dads got a knackerd old blue 16v aswell. there was doker at kl engines (vr6) with the porsche brakes, think hes sold that now though. o small world.

so far ure the only person ive seen in a corrado when ive bin in mine but yeh there are a few about.

s

my poor old engine needs a bloody good service, wen pay day comes around ill do all the gaskets, filters, plugs and sensors and fluid change.

Pricey? only know him as Dan, lives down sidney St and his car is always off the road. Know his car is burninng oil after his recent engine change. Certain Docker has sold his,he had it parked up on the A47 for a while. Think i see him in a corsa the other day. Small world indeed. Have you only just got the car then?

yep thats pricey, yeh its off the road again cos the new engine is burning alot of oil and steamin the water away, had the head off and its still got the origional headgasket on there, well it dint look much like a headgasket after 150,000 miles lol. yeh i got the car on the 3rd of this month, brought it as it stands now from a gug down bottom of fairstead, for i nice round £1000... bargain. im a dub guy ne way, still got ma mk2 gti sat outside rusting lol.

He has been really unlucky with that car, did he show you his rear shock absorber? I Gave him a spare i had because he had been driving around with his snapped in half. I said to him it looked like the head was weaping when he changed the engine, and the matrix has gone. Feel sorry for him really especially every time i drive past his, it's looking all sorry for itself. He has far more patience than me.

U got a good bargain there then, i want leather in mine. Why don't you swap test his isv with yours. From what i remember that could be one of the only things that is working on his. :D

Back to yours though, from what i remember them saying at the garage was that it was a split pipe that was causing a problem, think they done a temp repair foc so it was probably just a bit of tape round. Would have thought that if its that again you should be able to find it and that would cause it to idle roughly. Another thing to check would be the metering head, when i got mine it was well crappy and i found an old bit of filter in there aswell.

lol yeh i see his shock i was gonna try and help him change it but he lost his locking wheel nut adaptor. yeh i also bypassed his heater matrix for him aswell cos it was just pissing all over the footwell.

back to mine though, yeh i need to get ma head under the bonnet i think, the 16v looks a bit scary compared to my nice simple 8v gti. but pay day shal be the day i learn about my engone, when ie got all the gaskets and stuff