Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

BMW Z4 Coupe M / Nissan 350Z ?

Nice one thank you for that write up, very informative.

I have noticed 993 prices have dropped a little recently (as have all performance cars) so was seriously considering the step up.

Those costs seem pretty acceptable really. I must have averaged £1k a year maintenance on the Corrado. The only minus point is the MPG but I only do 4k miles a year anyway so....

Very tempting and food for thought!

Thank you

Matt

Ditto, Thank you for that write up. Appreciate your thoughts and financial info. Thank you.

I really thought it was me with the Z4 driving experience.

I am this weekend, Sun/Mon, going to be viewing and test driving all I have mentioned.

These are all going to be Road Cars and not taken to Track - that's a seperate issue.

So viewing;-

Z4, 3 litre Coupe - yes, I will give it another chance !

Nissan 350Z GT pack version

996's - Taken on board the points with the 993. I personally prefer the looks of the 996

Let you know how I get on.

Wendy

From what I've read on the 350Zs - anything other than the GT pack doesn't seem worth bothering with, but nearly all of them are GTs anyway.

The engine was also swapped for a newer, more reliable and more powerful one, along with some light facelifting in 2006. Apparently the easiest way to tell is the rear lights - if they're normal bulb ones then it's the old style, if they're LED ones then it's the new style car.

Have fun on the test drives though - it'll be interesting to hear what you think :)

4 cars lined up for viewing tomorrow, 1 x 2005 350Z with GT pack , 1 x Z4 Coupe 3 lit, 2 x 996's (1 is a Carrera 4)

And a further 996 with GT3 Aero kit from factory for Tues evening in Warwick.

All North of me, so watch out Jim if you are on the road !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And a further 996 with GT3 Aero kit from factory for Tues evening in Warwick.

8)

What she doesn't say is that I'm going with her to view the car... can't wait... I *adore* Porsches.

frankly i'm just loving the progression from 350z to almost a 996 GT3 in just a few days :)

What she doesn't say is that I'm going with her to view the car... can't wait... I *adore* Porsches.

:) Lucky boy.

frankly i'm just loving the progression from 350z to almost a 996 GT3 in just a few days :)

I know - impressive heh !! :D

Well, its largely related to many of the guys on here and other friends - who know how long I have dreamed of 911 ownership and frankly if i don't do it now, it is unlikely I will have the opportunity again. I have longer term plans too !

Both the Z4 and 350Z I could have - when bored of the Porsche :lol: or time to move on.

See what you have all done, I am trying to convince myself - I really am so excited. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have driven a few Porsche's, a few friends have them and I did a Porsche experience at Silverstone 2 years ago.

Will have to see what I think after test drives.

So, two excited people !! :lol:

Going to bed right now, so tomorrow arrives sooner !!!!

Yes, still a complete child !!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

i'm happy to convert my track car budget to the equivalent share of usage that it gets me of the 911 if that helps the sums ;)

i'm happy to convert my track car budget to the equivalent share of usage that it gets me of the 911 if that helps the sums ;)

Yeah, but I don't think I'll be able to unbend a 996 in our shed....