Sign in to follow this  
stormseeker

VR6 Oil Filter types

was trying to get an Oil Filter from the local VW stealer, and he reckoned there are two possible types, and they need to know the type that's currently on to get the right one? I'd already given him my chasis number (for Accel cable).

Is that right, are the different types not interchangeable? :? :? :? Very Confused!

Chris.

I cant remember if there are 2 different cartridge filters for the corrado VR, I know there are 2 different ones for the 2.8 golfs and sharans I'll double check it at work tomorrow!

right stormseeker the OE number for the corrado VR6 filter with model code AAA is 021115561 and the fram number is H932/5x as I thought there is only one cartridge filter for the 2.9 VR so I dont know what your dealer has been looking up!!!! hope this helps!!!

There are two types.

The filter and housing for the VR6 engine was revised and appears to have been done after production of the Corrado ceased, therefore it is never listed for the Corrado. However, if your housing has ever been replaced (like mine), then it is likely that the revised one has been fitted which needs the new filter.

The part numbers are identical except the original one has an "A" on the end and the new one has a "B".

The two filters are NOT compatible. The new one has a much bigger cylindrical central channel and so the original filter will not fit on this.

Buy both filters on the understanding that you can return the one that's not required or alternatively, drain the filter housing, remove the filter and see which one you have.

Hope this helps.

Alan