Sign in to follow this  
til2143

Got me an 8V at last...

Hey lads, ive been wanting an 8V for a long time now to use as a daily driver, id been watching out for a nice clean genuine example, and as you well know they are getting harder to find especially in 8V form.

So me and my mate (also a member) headed to Hereford on tuesday morning to get it, Its a 95 silver no sunroof model, all original except radio (he gave me the original too) is ts just turned 102k with history and its in lovely condition inside and out, it has a few minor issues such as fan resistor, damp passengers footwell, wipers, and theres a small bit of rust on the rear pannel above the bumper. I put up 300 miles in it to get back to Ireland and i loved every bit of it, love the low down torque and also the 39.5 MPG she averaged :D Here's a pic to give you an idea ill get better ones posted shortly.

DSC00786.jpg

From what I can see that looks lovely mate.

Wish I could bring myself to be not that sensible and buy anothe C as a 2nd car :grin:

Looks very tidy Paul, bet your well pleased. Really must pay you a visit sometime to see your collection, be it the broken ones or the two fine examples you have on the road :salute:

Wow, she looks great! good mpg too! I didn't realise they were that economical. :) I would love a Corrado as a second car but I get grief for having just the one! 1995 as well. Great buy!

Looks nice- only silver 8v I've ever seen. Lovely colour 8)

Heres mine too :lol: Welcome to the Satin Silver 8v Club for blokes called Paul! :clap: :lol:

congrats mate.

glad you found one.

Cheers, me too

I was watching that on eBay but wasn't ready to buy at the time.

You got a bargain there ;)

It was on the bay alright but it did'nt meet the reserve so i contacted him after the auction to start negotiations :lol:

Cheers, me too other then KIPs

Looks very tidy Paul, bet your well pleased. Really must pay you a visit sometime to see your collection, be it the broken ones or the two fine examples you have on the road :salute:

Thanks, give me a shout any time, only got rid of 5 shells yesterday, im now ready for the restock :lol:

Ah I did wonder where that would end up, good to see it's gone to another enthusiast :)

I have to say i really love it to drive, they really are underated

Wow, she looks great! good mpg too! I didn't realise they were that economical. :) I would love a Corrado as a second car but I get grief for having just the one! 1995 as well. Great buy!

Cheers, ya shes in pretty good shape but still needs some bits done, dont worry i get my share of grief too :lol:

Heres mine too :lol: Welcome to the Satin Silver 8v Club for blokes called Paul! :clap: :lol:

:lol: :lol: , not many members in that club KIP :lol: , cheers, i have too say i wasnt gone on silver at first but its really growing on me, yours looks a nice one too KIP, i seen yours and Judiths collection in your post, i thought i was bad :lol: :salute:

Kip's was also a bargain off the bay too so definately something going on with paul's, silver & ebay :lol: :luvlove:

Kip's was also a bargain off the bay too so definately something going on with paul's, silver & ebay :lol: :luvlove:

:lol:

Heres some more pics, silver is great, i havent even washed it yet and its done 300 miles in the rain!!

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01730.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

Very VERY nice mate. I bet you're thrilled :D

I didnt realise late Corrado's came with no sunroof??

Cheers, ya im very happy with it :D , Ive seen a few with no sunroofs, the sunroof was an optional extra on the 8v, i dont mind not having one tho as less to go wrong, i hate fixing sunroofs, less wind noise too :)

I done a few bits to the car at the wk end

Changed a few rusty screws on the headlights

DSC01749.jpg

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

Sealed down the cabin air inlet as water was getting in

DSC01754.jpg

Changed Plastic/rubber handbrake handle, gear gator and steering wheel to leather, have to get a leather gear knob

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

New water bottle

DSC01770.jpg

A few pics of her washed :D

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01789.jpg

Thats a really nice looking car, stands really well too! I went to look at Kip's 8V before he bought it and really liked it, but settled for a different colour in the end.

I have to say though that I love it, so nice to drive, really torquey and not at all as slow as people make out! Also, if I drive mine fairly steady on my 8 mile 40/50mph commute on the way home I get 47mpg over the journey. Which basically means that £50 worth of fuel will last me roughly 2 weeks :)

The trick with the 8V I've found is not to bother with full throttle, it just wastes fuel. Be very sparing with the throttle and it'll still move nicely, but you're wasting your time if you boot it, the engine isn't a revvy lump at all and has no more to give above about 4500 rpm.

Hope you enjoy it, looks like a 2E lump rather than ADY? Not that it makes any difference!

Tom

Thats a really nice looking car, stands really well too! I went to look at Kip's 8V before he bought it and really liked it, but settled for a different colour in the end.

I have to say though that I love it, so nice to drive, really torquey and not at all as slow as people make out! Also, if I drive mine fairly steady on my 8 mile 40/50mph commute on the way home I get 47mpg over the journey. Which basically means that £50 worth of fuel will last me roughly 2 weeks :)

The trick with the 8V I've found is not to bother with full throttle, it just wastes fuel. Be very sparing with the throttle and it'll still move nicely, but you're wasting your time if you boot it, the engine isn't a revvy lump at all and has no more to give above about 4500 rpm.

Hope you enjoy it, looks like a 2E lump rather than ADY? Not that it makes any difference!

Tom

Cheers Tom, I love the 8V to drive also, and the fuel economy is brilliant even tho i havent managed to get it over 42.5mpg but i wasnt really trying, its a 2E surely, whats the difference between the 2E and the ADY?

Cheers Tom, I love the 8V to drive also, and the fuel economy is brilliant even tho i havent managed to get it over 42.5mpg but i wasnt really trying, its a 2E surely, whats the difference between the 2E and the ADY?

As far as I can tell the differences are:

2E has an AFM, ADY has a MAF

2E has an ISV mounted seperately to the inlet manifold, ADY has it built into the throttle body on a similar bypass arrangement.

They are the same power and torque output, think the ADY is slightly better on emissions.

So basically not a lot :)

Tom

As far as I can tell the differences are:

2E has an AFM, ADY has a MAF

2E has an ISV mounted seperately to the inlet manifold, ADY has it built into the throttle body on a similar bypass arrangement.

They are the same power and torque output, think the ADY is slightly better on emissions.

So basically not a lot :)

Tom

Cheers Tom

Hey Pat, it can be awkward, pull up the handbrake as much as you can, u need to pull back the leather a small bit from the underside rear of the handle, there is a plastic tab that locates into the handbrake to lock it in position, you need to get a small flat screwdriver and lift the tab while pulling the handle forward, its hard to explain, hope this helps :)

Just a bit of an update as i done a good bit of work to the car at the week end

Oil and filter

Timing belt and water pump

Alt and power steering belts

Plugs, dizzy and rotor

Coolant and expansion bottle changed

ECT sensor

New door strikers

And a bit of cleaning :D, heres afew pics:

DSC01794.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01807.jpg