8vMatt

My Rado,VR6 Mystic Blue. Going VEGE diet....

nice to see you today mate uprated brakes look spot on ,definately something i would like to do . proper stopping power !. by the way the vr is discusting and needs a proper clean you should be ashamed of yourself perading round in a filthy c like that, get on with it man , your letting the side down :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to be able to pop in and say hello mate, to see how shiny and fresh your C is looking mate is just stupid :nuts: Looks gorgeous and yes mine does seriously let the side down :gag:

Glad you like the new braking, very pleased how things went. surprised how little hassles or messing about there was with fitting. Stripped the old well worn brakes off.The flexis that came with the calipers screwed straight on in position. The new carriers needed only the smallest grind off in the back to clear the hub and they were bolted on after the bolts had about 2-3mm cut off the length to clear the disc. Next the discs were a straight swop over. Using the Porsche caliper bolts I bought, the calipers fixed into place nicely and perfectly in line with the discs. The beauty of the design of these calipers means the pads are fitted/ changed so easily by a sliding pin and bracket. Sorry for no pics today as I was covered in brake dust and oily crud I didn't want to get the camera wrecked. The pedal felt so much harder to the touch once they were bled, I've only done 25-30 miles on them and still waiting for them to bed in. I stopped at Rob's house and was a little shocked to see what looked like smoke coming out from the wheels :shock: Then realised it was the paint that had heated up from inside the vented section of the disc! Next stop, no smoking, ahh thats better! Can't wait to see the pads bedding in properly and feeling what good brakes are all about :norty:

matt sorry to here about your bumper my friend :( hope you get it sorted soon mate

all the best

chris

Cheers bud, I'm sure things will come together good for me.

Quick update on the repair guys.

The Council's insurance has accepted the bodyshop repair price today. Should go in for repair on mon. It doesn't sound very hopeful to get a decent hire car. The guy didn't know what a Corrado was and was very suprised to hear it was a 2.9 V6 sports coupe. The first hire car offered was a Vectra! Oh dear this might be hard work to get something good. Oh well, at least the important bit of getting the car done is moving along nicely.

In for the repairs today, told it should be there for a week or so depending on getting bits and how busy they are. Can't wait to see it looking all good again :clap:

Picked up the car from the bodyshop today, very pleased with what they did for me. Very professional service and friendly guys clearly into their cars and caring about what they do.

PPI ( Paintwork Plastics Interiors)

Unit 16B Milber Trading Estate

Newton Abbot

Devon

01626 362492

Nice and shiny after their work (pics taken after the sun goes in and look rubbish)-

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

While the car was in for repair, I paid for the guys to sort out a bit of rust (the only bit on the car) under the window rubber and delete the rear wiper at the same time-

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

I know I have to get rid of that rank window tint with its millions of bubbles :gag: Be next on the list of bits to do.

Also got them to paint my door handles as thats something that I like and makes it look a little more modern-

IMG_0445.jpg

Cheers for the positive feedback guys.

As soon as my mrs saw the car she said I should get some new plates. Think thats a good idea there Dubstar.

I wanted to get the number plate surround painted but completely forgot until after I picked it up, D'oh! One for the future.

I'll try to take some better pics in the sun as well.

lookin sweet mate they did a nice job. door handles look nice, n very much likin the wiper mod wish i had done that looks neat n clean :)

Just done a cheap (free for me :norty: ) mod today. Only a silly little one but something a bit different.

A centre sun-visor, one that goes over the rear view mirror. Very annoying when the sun comes between the normal visors. This came off a 98 Passat, part number 3B0 858 555. It needs to be uncliped from the Passat headlining, very easy with a pair of grips. You don't need the clips that are on back of the visor as its not necessary to drill the Corrado lining. So I cut them off and just super gluded it to the strip above the windscreen. A 10 min job I reckon. Just a bit of fun having that on really, here's a few pics-

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

i saw this in a thread the other day thought it was a good idea, see matt great minds think alike :norty: ahh the magic tree should be a standard fitment in all VW's :lol: :wave:

i saw this in a thread the other day thought it was a good idea, see matt great minds think alike :norty: ahh the magic tree should be a standard fitment in all VW's :lol: :wave:

Haha cheers Chris, yours is too nice to be missing about with it like I'm doing :nuts:

And yes, you can't beat the magic tree :)

why what you doing to it punk??? :norty: :norty: :norty:

Nothing, yet :nuts:

Yours is very nicely OEM with a hint of +. I'm just doing bits and bobs and its nowhere near being a standardish car, so I'm not too worried about keeping it as original.

Yours is very nicely OEM with a hint of +. I'm just doing bits and bobs and its nowhere near being a standardish car, so I'm not too worried about keeping it as original.

I like to think so cheers matt, fair play mate, think you, Rob and me need to hook up for a mini Rado meet

I like to think so cheers matt, fair play mate, think you, Rob and me need to hook up for a mini Rado meet[/quote:25rt3hrs]

Is shows in your work mate, very nice. Have you seen the thread about how many C's in Devon? On there, it says about all having a get together, should make it happen.

I phoned you today to pop over and say hello, your useless phone was off again, hard getting hold of ya mate :grin:

Just a few random pics taken today. Plus a couple of the new brakes as I was caked in grime doing the job and didn't want to mess up the camera.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

I phoned you today to pop over and say hello, your useless phone was off again, hard getting hold of ya mate :grin:

ha lol you make me laugh Matt Sorrrrrrryyyyyy :roll: yes my wife says the same this :lol: you would have along way to come and see me i was at British Volkswagen Festival :grin: brakes lookin good mate :norty: :norty: :salute:

Had a nice morning of cleaning and polishing, everything is running beautifully at the moment. Hope thats not the calm before the storm :gag:

Went out and about in Torquay for a few pics as I don't seem to get any after its looking good. Put my standard lights back on with a little bit of black inside :norty:

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg