8vMatt

My Rado,VR6 Mystic Blue. Going VEGE diet....

Nice mate, looks nice with those braks hiding in the back, what did you need to get them on and was it a straight fit?

any progress on the front, different idea i reacon should look pretty good i would have thought.

good luck mate

Hi mate, glad you like :salute:

The brakes were a bit of a game to get fitted. Leon Cupra R 323mm discs and custom made one-off carriers. Porsche caliper bolts also. All well worth it and I don't think another Corrado uses these calipers, 996 ones being the popular choice. Think mine are a bit heavier and a bigger unit compared to the 996, all adds to the visual appeal to me :camp:

No progress on the front yet :roll: Still in the body shop. They're very busy, they did say I could have it this week if I wanted them to squeeze it in. Told them no and do it next week when there's less cars in. I'd rather them do it when its quieter and they can enjoy the job to do the best they can :luvlove: Fingers crossed.

A quick couple of pics, Shows the extremes of emotions that you can experience with having a car you try to look after.

Got the car back from the front end respray, so happy with it. An awesome job by the guys. I ran out of daylight to show a finished look after washing and waxing. The pics are after just the wash. It was dark when I finished the wax :cuckoo:

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

The other side of the coin is finding that some gutter walking scum sucking shitbag had decided my car needed to have a nice scratch along the rear drivers side quarter :bad-words:

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Yeah might do but its white in colour in places and the car has only just been machine polished. I don't know how thick the paint will be to handle a good going over in this area :gag:

kin hell matt fakin joke how long have you had it backj???

well thats the quarter and door next then? lol soon bud soon itl be the whole car...

kin hell matt fakin joke how long have you had it backj???

well thats the quarter and door next then? lol soon bud soon itl be the whole car...

I know mate, had it back for 2-3 weeks now, just not any time til yesterday to wash and polish it. About 2 days after it came home, found 3 or 4 deep scratches on the passenger door! And now this found on Sat morning. All part of the fun of having a car parked on the road when you don't have a drive/ garage. I can't get too wound up about it as it comes with the territory :brickwall:

that would do my nut in! scum bags pure gelousey

It is so annoying as its just pointless by idiots who can't stand anyone having anything better than them. Makes things better writing about it on here and letting it go after and focus on the positives. The rest of it looks frickin great! :D :lol:

that just awful mate im pissed off for you. sorry to here that mate :censored:

Thanks buddy, not good but def not the worst thing that could happen to it.

that just awful mate im pissed off for you. sorry to here that mate :censored:

Thanks buddy, not good but def not the worst thing that could happen to it.

That's the best way to think about it. I had this happen to my car last year outside my house, from rear quarter to front wing. Some c$$ts around that's for sure.

yeah good attuide to have lads, but id be mad a hell its different if you know a young kids cycled next to it and that happened but its some low life has gone out their way to do it as they are jealous and thats te bit that gets me. as you both said tho it can be fixed

Thinking positively now, just look at my lush shiny front end :D well my mrs thinks its lovely anyway!!! :norty:

Rado's looking goot Matt, shame about the scratches, they might not completely dissapear with a good machine polish but they will blend in with the paint alot better, if you get it done by someone who knows what they're doing they'll measure your paint levels etc before polishing it. Even then you should get away with polishing if its OE paint no problems.

Cheers for your thoughts and concerns Abdul mate, with having the front and rear all painted up over the last couple of months, I'm not going to let an idiot spoil my mood with the car. It looks so much better than when I bought it, its really coming along now.

Lots of jobs in mind for it though :pale:

Suspension bushes and fit new wishbones.

All engine mounts change.

Work out how to fit super new 12" Rad fans x2.

Fit rear strutbrace.

Change ABS Pump.

Change over crap brake pads to Brembo.

Put the interior back together.

And thats all parts I've already picked up and waiting to go on the car :gag:

Wish list-

New suspension

Uprated rear brakes

All new brake lines

Corrado Recaro front seats

Oh and a supercharger would do nicely also :wink:

Cheers for your thoughts and concerns Abdul mate, with having the front and rear all painted up over the last couple of months, I'm not going to let an idiot spoil my mood with the car. It looks so much better than when I bought it, its really coming along now.

Suspension bushes and fit new wishbones.

All engine mounts change.

Work out how to fit super new 12" Rad fans x2.

Fit rear strutbrace.

Change ABS Pump.

Change over crap brake pads to Brembo.

Put the interior back together.

Wish list-

New suspension

Uprated rear brakes

All new brake lines

Corrado Recaro front seats

Oh and a supercharger would do newly also :wink:

No worries chap.... get a good wax on it for the winter too.

The above work sounds expensive. That's all :grin:

Suspension bushes and fit new wishbones. Hopefully get the bushes pressed in for me and I'll fit the wishbones with some help

All engine mounts change. Ask a friend for his expert help

Work out how to fit super new 12" Rad fans x2. Trial and error self fit til it works right

Fit rear strutbrace. Simple job for me

Change ABS Pump. Ask my brother for help

Change over crap brake pads to Brembo. I can do this one

Put the interior back together. Me again

Wish list-

New suspension Hmmm, £600 ish

Uprated rear brakes Cheap and me fit

All new brake lines Not sure on price but get help from my brother to fit

Corrado Recaro front seats Anybodies guess on price but knowing me, hopefully a good find

Oh and a supercharger would do newly also :wink: Oh crap, might take lots of saving and defo no self fitting!

No worries chap.... get a good wax on it for the winter too. I use Collinite 476 hard wax, very pleased with it

The above work sounds expensive. That's all :grin:

That should shed a bit of light on the subject :)