Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

Pattern expansion tanks, LOL

bought a few bits from AVS so thought I's bung a new header tank in with the order as they are only 11 quid,

boy, that was a mistake, after totally ignoring all advice on the forum :cuckoo: I then spent half an hour trimming miss-moulded plastic only to still have trouble gettting the bottom hose to seal properly.

serves me totally right :lol: :epicfail:

AVS sell some decent stuff but as always there is some rubbish too...

Sasme goes for pattern waterpumps, my mate bought one against my advice and saved about a quid, took ages to fit as the pattern casting didn't fit the engine properly and we had to bend the metal cambelt cover to make it fit... It leaked and 2 weeks later he did the job again with a genuine part.

I've got it on and not leaking, at least I can see the fluid level now until I buy a proper one :|

Is that Febi branded one Dave?

Interesting as that looks exactly like the VAG moulding but without the part number stamped on it (even down to the part number stamping recess)

Is that Febi branded one Dave?

Interesting as that looks exactly like the VAG moulding but without the part number stamped on it (even down to the part number stamping recess)

Ooh no, it is FEBI marked and has a FEBI tag on it but it's a crap moulding and nastly see through plastic with no black marked levels, just a feint moulding mark like the early VW ones.

I got it because it said FEBI, but it's a very inferior looking part and the cap area needed a load of trimming for the cap to fit right.

It's does the job now, but looks a bit sh1t