Sign in to follow this  
Danny Ess

Engine conversions - worth it?

Right, I want a g60, however they nearly all seem to be in the blue colour which i dont really want. I really want the purple/blackberry colour but they dont come in them.

So Would getting a 16v and then use that for abit and then find a g60 engine be viable? Or would it just not be worth it?

Seems the only way really and DBP dont really come up often do they? :D

Speak to Psiburr on here. He's got a G60 conversion. Must say his just looks like it's always been a G60.

You could always try the much more expensive but easier (for you) option of buying a G60 and getting it sprayed the colour you want....

Depends how much money and effort you want to put in to get what you want. My friend is selling a G60 engine with Supercharger, Loom, ECU and Gearbox apparently all the bits and bobs and ancilaries for £800. Not sure if this is the going rate for one but im pretty sure you can get a G60 car for a bit more than that.

i would advise you to test drive a 16v and a g60 before undertaking an engine swap as you might like the 16v more. You could consider tuning a valver as a few people have done the 16vg60 around here or turbo one, best of both worlds for you. just a thought for you

doesnt the 16vg60 cost a hell of a lot though? :D

I guess i could price up the cost of a respray against a conversion but means its a full respray which is going to cost even more.

It's cheaper and easier to 16v a g60 than g60 a 16v as you have all the loomage, sensors etc. already in the g60. I not sure that it's much more than a head swap? There's bound to be other bits too i expect - it would be too easy otherwise!! :lol:

It's cheaper and easier to 16v a g60 than g60 a 16v as you have all the loomage, sensors etc. already in the g60. I not sure that it's much more than a head swap? There's bound to be other bits too i expect - it would be too easy otherwise!! :lol:

Exactly, we'd all have them! :D Looking at Yandard's thread in the member's gallery there is quite a lot involved. Did he G60 a 16v though?...