Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

were to get spigot rings for alloy wheels

hello guys have a set of wolfrace 17s but need to fit spigot rings to fit properly.

does anyone know were to get some. ally ones would be best.

tried a search but no luck.i also have spacers on fronts,so longer spigots will be required for fronts .tried demond tweeks but no web site found .

any help would be great cheers. :)

hi brian,

try south coast wheels down in southampton they will deftinatly be able to help you out on those .. i have brought them from them before and there pretty cheap too...

hth

what does the spigot ring do anyway?

They sit between the wheel and the central locating part of the hub to ensure that the alloy wheels are fitted dead center on the hub. If you have aftermarket wheels, you may need them as the center hole may not be the same diameter as the original wheel... The wheel bolts will make sure that the wheel stays reasonably centered, but on a 130+mph car, you really want to make sure that they are DEAD center, hence the need for the rings... 8)

Its not just keeping them centered, the inportance of them is to keep the force of the car on the road actually on the hubs, without the rings all the force is going straight thru the wheel bolts!

i thought it must be something like that but i thought the hub rings where a standard size for a given stud patten

if these arent fitted, is it possible for vibration to be felt throught wheels at higher speeds, ie, wheel "feels" likes it may be buckled, but you know it aint....?

if these arent fitted, is it possible for vibration to be felt throught wheels at higher speeds, ie, wheel "feels" likes it may be buckled, but you know it aint....?

Yup, in exactly the same way that if you've got muck beind your brake disks, then the brakes can feel warped even when they're not... 8)

As Henny said, you will feel it!! - I got a set of wheels for my mk2 and the rings that came with them would not quite fit on the hubs so I had to drive the car 5 miles to my mates workshop to get them bevelled down to size, I reached 50mph and you could feel the vibration, not a good experience!!

As Henny said, you will feel it!! - I got a set of wheels for my mk2 and the rings that came with them would not quite fit on the hubs so I had to drive the car 5 miles to my mates workshop to get them bevelled down to size, I reached 50mph and you could feel the vibration, not a good experience!!
yeah, i reckon my cars missing some then.... 50 on the nose and it starts shaking... as soon as i get a chance, they're gettin done then...

ive got one missing off mine when i bought them,had them fitted at demon tweeks and they put the wheel with the missing ring on the back,they said they arnt needed as much on the back wheel as the front

now have two sets in each wheel for now and much better.

they are all plastic,but would like to fit solid ,ally or steel single items in future.

the size i am after is 63 down to 57.1mm.

if anyone can help out great.also can you get spacers with built in spigot rings.