Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Swompy's Ice grey violet. Now gone to a new home

A quick update on the brakes

Finished off painting the carriers, and done one coat on the calipers. just need a few little touch ups on the carriers and a final coat on the calipers then they are ready to be fitted.

Final finish

090808_131144.jpg

And the calipers after first coat

090808_131154.jpg

090808_131210.jpg

Removed the airbox snorkel today :D

Loveing the intake growl :norty: :nuts:

Had a Magnex back box fitted today by Longlife exhaust in Berkeley.

Thanks to Andy for the back box, was in great condition and felt paying what I did for it was day light robbery, Chears Andy :D

I would higly recommend them, they knew what they was doing.

Here it is being fitted

090821_162608.jpg

090821_162620.jpg

And the final resualt

090821_192420.jpg

090821_192440.jpg

090821_192357.jpg

Doesnt sound stupidly loud, can only just hear it over the intake growl (as I've removed the snorkel 8) ) :D

That looks great, mate! Glad you're pleased with it :) TBH, it was just taking up room in the garage, so I'm pleased it's gone to a good home :)

:D

Managed to get a good look under the car too whilst it was up. Seams to be in good nic 8)

really rate magnex exhausts, both subtle looking and sounding

really rate magnex exhausts, both subtle looking and sounding

Your not wrong there.

I think I'm going to put the snorkel back in for a while so I can hear the exhaust on its own :D

But induction noise is so much nicer than exhaust noise :)

HAHa I didnt say I was going to keep it like that, only so I can get a good feel as to how it sounds then I will take the snorkel back out again :grin:

Looks great.

Very pleased with mine since its been on.

I'm pleased with mine, a bit to quiet tho, so I think I might go back to longlife and get them to remove the small silencer just after the cat. What you think???

The guys at longlife said they had a immaculate green storm in not that long ago, I'm gessing that was you vuaghan 8)

I had a decat + front silencer removed on my last VR- sounded nice, not too loud at all (but loud enough 8) ). Used to spit flames on the odd occasion too :lol:

I had a decat + front silencer removed on my last VR- sounded nice, not too loud at all (but loud enough 8) ). Used to spit flames on the odd occasion too :lol:

HAHA sounds like fun :D

But not shore if you read in the other thread that im getting a funny vibrating/popping noise from the exhuast when the snorkel is removed and with the snorkel in its a bit quite. So just want to remove the silencer thats after the cat just to bring the noise up a bit 8)

some point in the futur I will have a full exhaust system fitted. :grin:

Just emaild longlife to see how much it will be to have the silencer removed :D

Off to longlife tuesday to have the first silencer on the exhuast system removed and replaced with a straight through pipe 8)

Also getting some new tyers friday, a set of vredestein sportrac 3 only £50 each, as the place down the road from me is a main dealer for them and as my car all ready has a set they will do it cheaper :D

Off to longlife tuesday to have the first silencer on the exhuast system removed and replaced with a straight through pipe 8)

Had a little falling out with them the other week- won't be using them again :( Shame, cos they do a very good job! They basically charged me £119 to replace the flexi on the vRS... it took them 40 minutes. The new flexi section would've cost around £20 (tops), so that means they charged me £150 per hour labour :shock: When I questioned this, the manager was very evasive and wouldnt tell me the hourly rate. I then sent him a very polite email and he sent a VERY snotty, rude response! Not impressed at all :nono:

That said, they'll do a good job on your car- the technicians there are superb. Shame about the management.

That dont sound good at all.

Hopefully they wont charge me an arm and a leg to see whats causing the rattling then :confused4:

I'm sure they'll be OK. They charged me that on the basis that the downpipe *could* have been a complete barsteward to remove, as the bolts snap sometimes etc. However, as mine was so easy they should've adjusted the price accordingly. To be honest, it was the way he responded to me that annoyed me as much as the the rip off charges. It was kind of 'Who the hell are you, to question my pricing?'

I'm sure they'll be OK. They charged me that on the basis that the downpipe *could* have been a complete barsteward to remove, as the bolts snap sometimes etc. However, as mine was so easy they should've adjusted the price accordingly. To be honest, it was the way he responded to me that annoyed me as much as the the rip off charges. It was kind of 'Who the hell are you, to question my pricing?'

Ahh fair enough, some managers are complete tw@'s. half of them seam to work at my place :lol: , lucky I've got one of only a few decent ones as mine :D

O well keep an eye ( and an ear) out for at about 3.30 on tuesday and some point after too :D

And I cant wait to get some new rubber on the fronts as they are almost racing slicks 8) would be ok but as the wheather is going to start to turn even worst than it all ready is. I think its best to get some decnt tread on there :lol:

New rubber is on now a set of vredestein sportrac 3 for £115 fully fitted 8) ( only cheaper cos i all ready had an old pair on, so they do it cheaper as they are a main dealer :grin: )

Feels alot more planted with fresh rubber on it

Just got the exhuast to be sorted tomoro