Sign in to follow this  
easypops

Is this an early front bumper/lights?

Hi, I know i should probably know this......but i can never remember......is this pic an early bumper.....and if so i'm guessing the fog lights will be different to the late ones.....or will they fit onto mine......95'?

Cheers

Martin

Hi Martin,

Looks early to me so the fogs wont really fit :?

Yes the lights are early. The early indicators have those little screw holes in the top corner where as the late ones don't.

Cheers guys.......shame tho as they are cheap as chips :(

whereabouts is it, its the exact colour of my other rado, would come in nicely as a spare...

Just outside edinburgh.......but you have missed it i'm afraid.......knew it would go fast

Just outside edinburgh.......but you have missed it i'm afraid.......knew it would go fast

nevermind,how much was it up for?

nevermind,how much was it up for?

£25 which i thought was a bargain......splitter has a crack.....but not too bad

Yeah, 92 J was the changover year for the facelift model, i reckon the guys at Karmann just grabbed parts from the parts bins at random during that time.

I think there are even some examples with late exteriors/early interiors, and vice-versa :dorky:

just for reference... you can fit the late fogs/indicators into the early bumpers with very little effort... H-YYU will be wearing late fogs and indicators in her early bumper shortly... The only thing externally that will give away she's an early car once that's done is the width of the wheel arch flares and the trim line moulded into the bumpers...

In this case, the bumper would have fit straight on, and you could have used your indicators/fogs in it to keep the same look, only the very ends of the trim line where it ends at the wheel arches would have been different from your original one... :)

I think there are even some examples with late exteriors/early interiors, and vice-versa :dorky:

Yes there a lots with late exteriors and early interiors. All late G60's and the first lot of 2.0 16V plus some VR6's came with early interiors. :dorky: :dorky:

Mine is 1992 J reg (March) but is late-spec bumpers, fogs / ind's and bonnet etc. Had early interior though, until I changed doorcards and switches for late-spec. Still got the early centre-console and associated switchgear though, apart from indicator and MFA/ wiper stalks.