Sign in to follow this  
andy

Nissan GTR ride

It'll be years before s/hand GTRs are affordable !

I guess that depends on what you think affordable. I do think that they'll hold prices in the short term then get an absolute spanking just because of the running costs. If you were in the position to spend that kind of money on running costs, would you run around in a few year old nissan? Personally I'd rather have a GT3 as a toy so I can track it without it having a service light fit at me.

Has anyone read about the V spec GTR and its £36,000 brakes, they'll be a fun item to replace :lol:

Im not really that sure on them to be honest looks wise. I little bit too fussy like most modern cars now. No doubting the ability, I wouldnt buy one if I had the cash though.

Yea Ive seen something about the special edition one with the £36k brakes.

Arent ceramic brakes meant to last a life time though so they wont ever need replacing??

Guys,

I have done a few days at Everyman - all for Nothing !!!!

I have a Tesco Credit Card - which I use for everything, its combined with the Tesco Clubcard.

I get through Money off vouchers - which i could spend on my next shop.

I save them and then spend them on Motorsport (I Point is worth 4 if you use their Clubcard Book) - Everyman Racing usually.

I rarely shop at Tesco's, but the Credit Card purchases i make from anywhere, still gain you points and free Motorsport Days - Result :D

i also drove a gt3 rs and there is no way one of those or a lotus evora would keep up they would not be far behind but remember the GTR is around 1700kg its impressive.

As the OP said, he doubted any other car on real roads (not tracks), could keep up with a GTR. My suggestion was a well driven 2009 on GT3 (not the previous model RS) may stand a chance of keeping up. And the Evora definitely would in the tighter turns, but obviously can't match the GTR's straight line pace...

Just thought I'd clear that up :D

I was lucky enough to co-pilot one of these round the 'quiet' Dorset country lanes last night, oh my god, what a car! 3.8 V6 twin turbo, 500 bhp :D Absolutely instantaneous gearchanges, the most unbelievable chassis, ride quality that would put some 'comfy' cars to shame and grip levels that actually make parts of your body hurt after a while. Awesome car with an awesome driver, he describes it as 'weapons grade' and I think that just about sums it up! I can't imagine there is another car out there that can compete on real roads. Brutal!

And there's me missing it all on my Honeymoon! :p

I'll get my ride soon enough :D

there is a person who lives in the close opposite mine & a black GTR keeps appearing........just waiting to catch him polishing it so i can approach for a good look!!! :) lol