Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

would any of you consider

scrapped cars will definitely not be used for spare parts. they will be dismantled and the metal recycled but not the parts.

i'm taking a mk2 golf in as scrap next month.. i'd love to say i'm bothered, but i'm sure i'll forget when i sign my commission sheet

Exactly- as much I love my car and want to keep as many as possible going, if I had the choice selling for £1k or scrapping it for £2k, I'd take the £2k!!

Not that I will, as buying a brand new car seems crazy at the moment...

We were talking about the E39 M5 mate.....

:wink:

yeah, and imo you look like a cock driving one of those :wink:

Feel free to elaborate about what makes the 5 series saloon cockish... specific points / issues please!

Feel free to elaborate about what makes the 5 series saloon cockish... specific points / issues please!

well next time you see one, check out the cock behind the wheel, that will tell you all you need to know!!

Riight..

They're all cocks are they? All M5 drivers? I must remember that. Thanks for your valuable insight into the world of BMW ownership.

Far worse is that according to the current issue of Autocar (?) someone scrapped a mint Mk1 Rocco for some sh*t Hyundai or whatever banger. The article''s author listed numerous other examples of mint classics being scrapped in favour of non-descript boring sh*t bangers, regretting ever having recommended this scheme to its readers.

It did rightfully question the nation's sanity, as soon as you give the punter 2000 of her majesty's money (well, mine and any tax payer's actually) the nation goes bonkers.

Shoot them all is what I say :lol:

Tempest

Far worse is that according to the current issue of Autocar (?) someone scrapped a mint Mk1 Rocco for some sh*t Hyundai or whatever banger. The article''s author listed numerous other examples of mint classics being scrapped in favour of non-descript boring sh*t bangers, regretting ever having recommended this scheme to its readers.

It did rightfully question the nation's sanity, as soon as you give the punter 2000 of her majesty's money (well, mine and any tax payer's actually) the nation goes bonkers.

Shoot them all is what I say :lol:

Tempest

BTW the article wasn't saying that a mint mk1 rocco(they just used a mint one for reference pics) was scrapped,just that one obviously with a MOT but in need of restoration was,the list was showing what other cars have been scrapped,I doubt if they would be minters too

Doesn't change the situation IMHO, Mk1 Roccos shouldn't fall victim to some modern day basher :D Same for some of the other cars featured, like the Porker 944.

Tempest

There is no way I would trade my Rado in for £2k. Mines only a 2.016v, so not worth loads at the moment, but £4k cash, would not even make me part from it.