Sign in to follow this  
ADZ_VR6

Clifford Alarm problem

.............Well i think its the alarm, got a clifford concept 650. yesterday it decided that it was going to start locking itself after 10 seconds of the car door been open, just gone to get in the car and now nothing fireup. All the usuall ash lights that should be on are on and the clifford immobilisor lights off, which is usualy the conditions needed to turn her over. theres just nothing, the battery if it was getting flat would usualy try to turn starter, i dont think its this it is readin 9.98 volts. Knowing the usual quirks of the car everythings pointing to this F*~~ing stupid alarm. The only other thing could be the starter but its not been a problem before and has given no indication its going to pack in.

To say i am falling out of love with this car is a understatment, can anyone help, anyone with any ideas :bad-words:

Its not the alarm its your battery mate, voltage is too low and would not even try to turn it with that voltage.

Well i've already taken the battery off and its on charge so ill find out after work tomorrow, if it is im still blaming the alarm for flattening it :lol:

Deffo sounds like battery mate, thats exactly what mine was like when it was left for 3 weeks, a good charge and its been fine since

Deffo sounds like battery mate, thats exactly what mine was like when it was left for 3 weeks, a good charge and its been fine since

Thing is if the cars stood a week and the battery runs down then it tries to turn over the clock zeros, car clicks. The cars been run it was used yesterday and theres none of the usual dead signs and with the alarm deciding to change its usual habbits thats what im steering towards. Like i say the battery can go back on tomorrow and hopefully prove me wrong but i think its deper than that :shrug:

this sounds like the same problem i have although i have a cobra 7928 has been working fine like you said and now

its like the immobilser is permenently on although the led is not flashing the car wont start i have found the only way to start it is to leave the key in the ignition for like 20 mins turned on and then after that it works no problem

im recharging my batt and will see if that works other than the alarm not working could it be the ignition switch ??

If you have dash lights then the immobiliser is not stopping the car from starting, immobiliser armed even when car unarmed like when you unlock the car but dont turn the ignition dash lights on after so long the alarm LED blinks on meaning immobiliser is now on and then it needs key in ignition and press the fob to turn immobiliser off.

Once battery is charged up get your dash lights on then turn the alarm into valet and that will bypass everything on the alarm, then try to start the car.

Remember as you have a top of the line clifford for the cat1 status when its in valet if you turn the ignition off again and back on it automatically turns off valet mode unlike the lower models.

I hope you put it in valet before disconnecting the battery.

I hope you put it in valet before disconnecting the battery.

I dont no much about valet mode, but no i didn't, it never goes in valet mode when i leave the car and the battery dies tho either :norty:, well batterys off back on when i've had a brew so hopefully i'll find something out

Right batterys on cars, car starts :salute:

BUT the alarm locks the door regardless of the engine running, when the engine switched off the door remains locked, all pressing the unlock button does is activate the alarm, so its a case of bashing buttons for 30 seconds untill the doors unlock. Also i was wonderning if this is the reason the battery could have drained as, like i say the car has been used everday last week so i must have something draining the battery. i've had the car nearly 4 years and this is the first time that the alarm has decided to start doing this. :cuckoo:

Usually when you geta flat battery the alarm will go off, so when disconnecting the battery you should put it in valet, you have the 2 buttons, you enter your code as per the manual or you can do it by the remote.

Do you have 5 buttons?

If so which fob, 1 large, 3 small all four on the front and it looks like carbon, with 1 button on the side?

or

5 buttons possibly on a "standard remote"?

Usually when you geta flat battery the alarm will go off, so when disconnecting the battery you should put it in valet, you have the 2 buttons, you enter your code as per the manual or you can do it by the remote.

Do you have 5 buttons?

If so which fob, 1 large, 3 small all four on the front and it looks like carbon, with 1 button on the side?

or

5 buttons possibly on a "standard remote"?

Well i was messing about inside with the valet mode last night trying to start it , the remote is 5 button:

http://www.in-carentertainment.co.uk/gr ... Remote.jpg

I might be wrong but key out of ignition, press clifford twice then press lock/unlock and then the LED will stay solid.

Do same again to turn it off or ignition on and off again will turn it off.

Still no help for your problem though. :lol:

I might be wrong but key out of ignition, press clifford twice then press lock/unlock and then the LED will stay solid.

Do same again to turn it off or ignition on and off again will turn it off.

Still no help for your problem though. :lol:

I'll have a go im off out in it in a mo, cheers mate :salute:

Just noticed the sunroof has decided its not working :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: , could this be linked does anyone think????

Depends on what is not working, the corrado has auto closure and im sure on the late it will close the sunroof too, might be wrong the clifford wires into the auto closure i believe.

Depends on what is not working, the corrado has auto closure and im sure on the late it will close the sunroof too, might be wrong the clifford wires into the auto closure i believe.

Yeah the alarm usualy closes it but it just wont open at all, now the windows will still open tho :cuckoo: :confused4: