Sign in to follow this  
big ben

where can i get new suspension mounts??

The problem with talking about 30mm, 40mm or even 60mm drops is that since various models and model years Corrados started with different spring heights, that there is no common starting point from which to calculate the drop. For example 1993/4 VR6s ran very different springs to the 95/96 models.

But my take on the OP's question is that it's possible to very low, but you have ask yourself what compromises you're willing to accept. 16v/G60s can generally be lowered more than VR6s can, because with the VR6 you can got to the point where the oil sump starts to become very exposed to damage. Having your car on the deck may look cool & everything, but you'll feel a right plonker if you ground it out or thump a manhole cover and put a dirty great hole in your oil sump.

The second consideration should be based on how & where you think you'll be driving the car. Generally the lower you go, the stiffer the suspension will be (even on coilovers). In my view dropping much more than the "60mm" drop mentioned on posts above can alter the suspension geometry to the point where the front wishbones are almost parallel to the road. This is ok on a smooth surface but under bounce the suspension runs the risk of going past the parallel position and into an inverted geometry. This is neither good for the componants (because joints & bushes etc are suddenly being pulled apart rather than under compression) and pushes the suspension into an unnatural geometry just at the point where you probably need it to be working well for you (ie when you're crunching into a bump at speed).

As a recommendation I suggest you set your suspension so that you can at least push a finger in between the top of the tyre and the arch when the car is static. Any lower than that you'll probably need to do arch modifications anyway. If you set it there the car will still be pretty low, but you'll also have at least some compliance left in the suspension.

HTH,

John

thanks John, i will be getting a sump guard as mines already taken a few knocks as its quite low....but im not slamming it on the floor, just want it low and to drive well!! think im just getting coilovers and see how i go really...

Yeah sorry must have gone up a bit looks like 675 is about where its at

they have gone up about £100 since xmas then :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah sorry must have gone up a bit looks like 675 is about where its at

they have gone up about £100 since xmas then :shock: :shock: :shock:

great :confused4: