Sign in to follow this  
Foxster

Advice Needed!

Hey all,

I have been pondering on an R32 transplant but I don't want to do it to the Storm because it is just too original and is full of history. I had the car for sale but then decided to keep it and have had a lot of interest since.

What is general feel about such a thing? i.e. Restore the Storm as original and later buy a cheap Rado for the transplant?

I was also considering advertising for a swap rather than selling, maybe for regular VR6?

I know the Storm is not really any different but it more the history of the car and the originality that I think is worth keeping and the "Storm" badge just add's that little extra.

Any advice would be welcomed,

Jamie

personally if your storm is bog standard I would leave it as it is. Thats just my opinion though.

There are plenty of cheap C's with knackered engines out there, that could be used

Its your car mate at the end of the day, besides from the outside it will look like a storm - just with a nice meaty r32 engine in it!

I'd personally leave it. As others have said, plenty of other C's with shagged engines. The Storms were pretty limited - it's a shame to rip em up for donor jobs like this!

Its your car mate at the end of the day, besides from the outside it will look like a storm - just with a nice meaty r32 engine in it!

Like he said :norty:

I'd personally leave it. As others have said, plenty of other C's with shagged engines. The Storms were pretty limited - it's a shame to rip em up for donor jobs like this!

Starts "VR with two badges" argeument! :camp: :lol:

Up to you at the end of the day though... depends what you want from the finished product?

Exactly what I thought too, I will stick to my guns. The R32 "upgrade" just seems such a cost effective move now and I can see a lot of people going that route. Cheers guy's.

yeah, stick with your plan to fix the body work for now and then if the engine gives up then go for the upgrade, an r32 with rust isn't going to be that much more appealing than a normal storm vr with rust. a super shiny r32 would be amazing when the time came though!