Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

New Series of Top Gear!

Was I the only one that saw this?

New series of Top Gear starting on 21st June.

Will it be any good? Actually should word that better, will it feature cars? :scratch:

Yes, although I most likely will be watching the new series on iPlayer, mainly out of boredom, after each episode I feel like having had sex but withot the orgasm :lol:

Put plain: The new style may entertain the (dumb, ooeerrr flamewar coming on :lol: ) masses, but it isn't exactly about cars any more, now is it? Even with the Beeb it's all about ratings, I suppose, which is why I a long time ago threw out the telly.

Tempest

So what if there are no cars in it? Big deal. It's still a good program! Can you honestly tell me you don't get a little bit bored seeing reviews of the latest Renault Modus and such like? Much better to watch backwards car jumps and lorries driving through bricks. :D

So what if there are no cars in it? Big deal. It's still a good program! Can you honestly tell me you don't get a little bit bored seeing reviews of the latest Renault Modus and such like? Much better to watch backwards car jumps and lorries driving through bricks. :D

....And don't forget caravan destruction!!!! :clap:

Yes, although I most likely will be watching the new series on iPlayer, mainly out of boredom, after each episode I feel like having had sex but withot the orgasm :lol:

:pukeright:

Put plain: The new style may entertain the (dumb, ooeerrr flamewar coming on :lol: ) masses, but it isn't exactly about cars any more, now is it? Even with the Beeb it's all about ratings, I suppose, which is why I a long time ago threw out the telly.

I love Top Gear - it's approximately 132x more entertaining than anything else on TV. It is virtually the only program I watch (aside from reruns of Friends on E4!!).

Bit cheeky to complain about the quality of programming though mate considering you don't even pay the bloody license fee ;)

Bit cheeky to complain about the quality of programming though mate considering you don't even pay the bloody license fee ;)

Oooooohhhhhh! Right back atcha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's exactly the reason it was taken off the air all those years ago, the car reviews had become so boring and samey that no-ne watched it anymore. Besides, you should watch 5th Gear if you want reviews, they can actually drive properly on that program.

And another thing....you have to pay a licence fee to watch the Beeb on the tv, but iPlayer is free? :scratch:

Bit cheeky to complain about the quality of programming though mate considering you don't even pay the bloody license fee

If there are enough people happy to even pay for this sh*t, then be my guest :D My criticism should actually be paid for, not the other way round, as it helps programme makers finally address my needs :D Until they do, it's no telly. More time available that way to tinker with cars, which is infinitely more enjoyable then having sex without the orgasm (Jim, glad youliked that one :lol: ), i.e. TopGear.

Try before you buy is what I say, and based on trying I certainly wouldn't buy :D

it's approximately 132x more entertaining than anything else on TV.

It's all relative, without wanting go into more detail :D

Tempest

That's exactly the reason it was taken off the air all those years ago, the car reviews had become so boring and samey that no-ne watched it anymore. Besides, you should watch 5th Gear if you want reviews, they can actually drive properly on that program.

And another thing....you have to pay a licence fee to watch the Beeb on the tv, but iPlayer is free? :scratch:

Yeah true, but i find most of the presenters, esp VBH, really annoying on Fifth Gear. Also i dont really rate their reviews of cars tbh.

I like the ideas and concepts behind both shows but what I cant stand is the presenters robotic scripts and cringe worthy script written banter....that ruins it for me :cuckoo: ......although I still watch both :lol:

Freaky stuuf, it was only today i was thinking of asking this same question, when will Top Gear be back on.

Australian Top Gear is about halfway thru the second season if you use bittorrents. They got rid of the grumpy old guy and its much better this season. Still no way near as good as the UK version, but watchable enough. Anyone know when the US version starts?