Sign in to follow this  
Typhy

BIG problem please help

Been looking for my Haynes but couldn't find it. Rats!

IIRC it's part of the ECU gubbins. The wires connect to the 'ignition module'? - can't remember the name of it off hand. Not the Hall Sender, don't think there is one, but something along those lines............. I know there's a good diagram in Haynes for the KR ECU and dizzy connections but I haven't looked at it for years. memories terrible. Sorry!

May as well give home start a bell. Sounds like you've tried everything else. Keep us posted.

well the electrician is on his way now to ava look at it, then if not its going to garage tomoz hopefully, so we will see =[

Did the problem definitely start immediately after you'd washed the engine down?

Sounds like an ignition switch or fuel pump/relay problem to me but if it's directly related to water in the engine bay it's a lot less likely.

not immediatley after i washed it as i drove it all day the next day for a long time so it wuda warmed up and dried i think, and then i drove it into drive, turned off to nip into house to get suamt then it wunt go again =[

I hate to say it, but I will anyway... :lol: :wave:

Ignition switch failure?

i had a feeling some1 would say that, and i have no clue what happens hen this fails, ive read the wiki page, but surley if the cars turning hen the ignition is working isnt it?

afraid not !!

you have more then one electrical circuit going through your ignition switch !

high tension and low tension

when my switch broke, bumped started it and drove home from work

Mr.Henny`s right, :notworthy:

apparently i need a new distributor, as the hallsumat switch thingy has gone inside it, and also the 3 prong plug is knackered where can i get this?? just gona cut and shut it into loom, rather than change whole loom

ordered new dizzy from ebay, where cna i get this last section of wire and 3 prong plug from?

Breakers. Would have thought any KR engined VW, eg Corrado, Mk2 16V, would be more or less identical. Doubt you could get just that bit from a stealer but could be wrong.