Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

burnt off by a glorified ford maveric

Hi

As above, I was burnt off by a poxy ford 4x4, I think it was an F150 (I think the 150 is tonnes - it was HUGE) only on a little second gear burst in town, but I am certain on the open road he would of made me look a fool!

I am only keeping myself happy, safe in the knowledge he gets worse fuel consuption than me.

If it was a Lightening model then dont feel too bad, its got something like a 5litre superchrged V8 that makes over 400bhp. There is a red one in the Glasgow/Edinburgh area thats just like the one in the attached pic.

This was in the Mk II ... right...

the mk2 is faster than the c, the golf wouldnt of looked so stoooopid.

This was a black one........didnt see the model (tears were filling my eyes)

Depends if it was an American Maverick or an English one......Ford UK Mavericks have either a 2.0 or a 3.0 V6, neither especially quick off the lights.

If it's an American Maverick (as per Joe's picture), then they have a V8 and V8 torque and slush boxes make a fool of most things off the lights. Get to the upper rev range and B roads, then the tables turn.

Euro Maverick pictured below:

K

Sorry....just noticed Joe's pic has 'F150' at the bottom right....so you were burnt off by the Yank tank then! Nothing to be ashamed of......being burnt off by a FreeLander yeah, not a big V8 muscle car!

K

kev, do all of the cars shown in your pic come with those numbered dots as standard, or do you have to pay for them?

Actually they probably just cover spots where the rust is already breaking through when they leave the showroom.

THe car that burnt me of was a brittish regstered car but was LHD, and MEGA CHUNKY in that american way.

Probably was a V8.....there is another similar thing....a big dodge pic up in Edinburgh, the one that has the same engine as the Viper.....8l v10 beast. It sounds amazing! Looks like a big jelly factory to drive.