Sign in to follow this  
oilman

Synthetic vs Mineral Oils

OILMAN, I was wondering if you guys are having any promo`s soon as my 16v is demanding another bottle of your 10-50 proS. Its an oilaholic i tell ya :gag:

Yep, I posted one here yesterday ;)

Hi Guy

Isn't 10w-50 Pro S still recommended for modifieds which run hot? [eg 300 bhp 12V's]

Yep :)

Hi Guy

Isn't 10w-50 Pro S still recommended for modifieds which run hot? [eg 300 bhp 12V's]

Thanks Guy

And thankyou for the detailed explanation - illuminating & reassuring to have the technical backup.

Just 1 query - where does the synthetic feedstock originate?

Phil

Hi Guy

Thanks Guy

And thankyou for the detailed explanation - illuminating & reassuring to have the technical backup.

Just 1 query - where does the synthetic feedstock originate?

Phil

The base stocks come from the same place as all the others, there is a handfull of companies out there that supply the pao base stock, I assume they will go with who has the best price at the time. The key is in the additive package!

Cheers

Guy

Tim? In a car (my brothers bm e36), theres an amount of varnish on the head. Theres no oil consumption and its done about 100k. Would you suggest anything to remove the varnish or just leave it as is? We now use Synta Silver 10/40.

hello sorry for not reading through the entire post , can someone answer the following?

i was talkinhg to my dad the other day he has always ....always used mobil 1 , he now is changing to morrissons oil as it is apparently a better spec oil back to back the morrissons oil is supierior ....can anyone clarify this i dont know anything about it , but if he buys it then he will buy a lot of it so i can get it off him!! lol

It will not be superior to M1, sorry what specs is he talking about that are superior?

I can then explain what the spec mean.

Cheers

Guy