g0ldf1ng3r

g0ldf1ng3r's VR6

i had put most of this on the 'what ive done today' thread but thought should move to members gallery 🙂

had my baby a few months now, some work essential some asthetic

god knows how many hours spent t-cuttin but all tiny orange tree sap dots gone

auto glym ultra deep shine makes her sparkle mint!!!

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf19042009305 - edit (Medium).JPG[/attachment:2r5zcyl9]

head unit changed

sub & amp installed

spare factory parcel shelf reinforced & infinity kappa 6*9s thumpin away - i knew it was worth keeping the shelf outta the white valver i had lol

door bump stops removed 4 clean lines

crank case breather valve replaced - thanks to all those on here with the advice of using the ford part....why vw try & make u buy half your air intake i dont know

off side rear wheel bearing replaced - using OEM part and is quiet as a mouse

rear door cards removed, plastic clips replaced and added where missing & reinstalled

addition of plain black floor mats, front & rear, with chequer plate heel rest

factory gear knob replaced - was silver painted - now smooth polished aliminium thanks to lots of elbow grease - need to find badge for centre & will be replacing top bolts for better 1s......struggling with badge; its about size of a pound coin - if anyone knows of a good badge place pls let me know 🙂

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf02062009320 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:2r5zcyl9]

manifold is in polishing progress & is prolly bout 85% done - with exception of creveses [thanks moza 4 the pads!!]

31052009319 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:2r5zcyl9]

lots of things in the '2 be done' catagory but ive attacked those i can do 4 free or very little £'s 1st lol

peas shout

I think this car used to (about 6 years ago or so) belong to my neighbour in Thame.

Does it have black leather?

I think this car used to (about 6 years ago or so) belong to my neighbour in Thame.

Does it have black leather?

it does have black leather - though i purchased it from derby way & the guy i got it from brought it from someone in plymouth

tis N*** TEC

Great colour g0ldf1ng3r :lol:

Do you have the Ford part number for the valve by any chance?

ha straight back at ya :salute:

looking at the ford invoice it shows 7364573 & was £32.50+vat, hope that helps :)

ha straight back at ya :salute:

looking at the ford invoice it shows 7364573 & was £32.50+vat, hope that helps :)

That's great - thanks :)

i found some pics of my 1st corrado, twas a 1.8 16v with a few subtle mods & to this day i regret selling her :luvlove:

she had a nice little kamei body kit & a full powerflow system which sounded superb!!!

i saw her a couple of yrs ago & still wonder if she is around.....or even on here?

anyway, pics.....

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdffront edit.JPG[/attachment:2pc9rt40]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfrear edit.JPG[/attachment:2pc9rt40]

side.jpg[/attachment:2pc9rt40]

moderator - can you pls edit post title to 'g0ldf1ng3r's VR - found pics of my 1st rado :)'

i cant figure hwo to do it lol

moderator - can you pls edit post title to 'g0ldf1ng3r's VR - found pics of my 1st rado :)'

edit the first post in this thread to update the main subject.

edit the first post in this thread to update the main subject.

nice 1 thanks :)

lots & lots done since my last update on here but thought the fresh paint ive just treated her to deserved a few pics on here, hope you like!!?

1st a couple of old 1s from when i had levelled out the KW V1's i fitted last year:

let me know your thoughts on the drop......i keep thinking a little lower maybe :p lol

Book1.pdfPicture 043 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPicture 044 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

ETKA Corrado.pdfPicture 045 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

& now to the paint & i gotta say i adore my new bonnet, no more is the night sky on it :luvlove:

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfPicture 213 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

Corrado92.pdfPicture 215 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfPicture 216 edit (Medium).JPG[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPicture 221 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPicture 218 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

Picture 220 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:ouz3hel3]

Very nice! :) Where'd you get the paint done mate?

thanks jim!!!

it wasnt a 100% perfect job, couple of niggles but excellent overall

it was done at a place called colour code in redditch / studley, they also did some work on my white rado when i had it :clap:

by all means let me know if you want details m80 & hopefully you can see it in the flesh when the becketts farm meets start again ;)

loving the new paint dude ride height seems about right aswell i rekon!

nice 1 4 your thoughts phil, much appreciated!

the temptation to go a little lower will never go away i think :cuckoo:

& volksworld your right, its just a pity the paint smell fades in time lol

After a troublesome few months of my VR to'ing & fro'ing between home & stealth i thought it about time i updated my build thread

Long story short i put her into stealth back in Oct last year, approx 150K on the clock, for a head rebuild & some functional & some shiny upgrades & there ensued several months of gremlins causing many a trip to stealth & back from west midlands

Upon reflection i have concluded that some of the issues were a combination of old worn parts, new parts failing when installed, a mass of work done but not quite a full rebuild (resulting in chasing a problem round until all factors in the equation were found & fixed) & an unfortunate lack of attention to detail & presentation in work.

I have to thank Vince for being the customer focused person he is & congratulate him on managing to keep my faith in stealth & himself during the very difficult period of tackling said gremlins. There was a mixture of bad workmanship & bad luck, with several brand new parts failing, but Vince made sure he tackled all of the issues & in the end produced a superb result & a happy customer. I also have to thank him for all of his efforts to keep my costs down during difficult period.

Those several months resulted in the following being done:

Head rebuild inc new gaskets, valve seals, re-seated valves etc etc(this was done twice as vince re-done all work to make sure all issues were fixed)

Full set of chains & tensioner's

Schimmel 263 cams

BMC CDA

Custom stealth ECU remap - graphs to follow

Roose motorosport hoses & clips, full set

Thermostat & housing

Primary & auxilary (electric) water pumps

All 3 cooling temp sensors

Oil temp sensor

golf V5 starter motor

Vibratechnics front engine mount

OEM rear gearbox mount

Valeo clutch with revised release bearing (as the original shed its grease & the 2nd one chirped like crazy) & new clutch arm assembly etc

Sump oil pump

Sump & gasket

Core plug

Battery

Valeo heater matrix

Full set of golf VR engine rebuild polished stainless bolts & washers from liquid metal refinement

Vince also took my inlet manifold to the body shop he knew & had the couple of deep scratches they had accidentally made flatted & polished out

Oh & im currently awaiting some of daves16v fine work in the form of shiny stainless kits for the slam panel & a few other bits

& now the part we all wait for.......pictures.....

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

There is more to the tale to tell.....

Some of you may have seen the pics of my 1st rado, the white 1.8 16v, on my build thread or on the post i put asking where it could be....

When i was collecting the VR from stealth on saturday 2 weeks ago we were chatting while i was waiting for vince, as he was tweaking a map for a golf he had on the rollers, & i mentioned my old valver & the reg as it still sticks in my mind

After i had a great drive home as a happy customer i relaxed for the evening & wok on sunday to find a text from vince with a link to ebay as his colleague had seen my valver on sale on ebay.....& the auction was due to end that evening about 20.40

after a day & evening of turmoil & 'should i, shouldnt' i kind of discussions with myself i could not resist & managed to win the auction & at £10 less than i sold her for about 7 years ago

after a journey to manchester on saturday & having had a good look round her & a quick test drive i handed over the money & enjoyed a troublesome drive back to the west midlands

i regretted selling it from the very moment it drove away from me & im still a little bit in shock that i have her back.....albeit missing the kamei front skirt & has a few issues needing fixing but it still has the sides & rear skirts, still has the full stainless powerflow exhaust i put on it, sunroof still works & even still has the small infinity speakers i upgraded in the dash!!

new build thread will be due here lol

Glad to hear you got it all sorted in the end! And congrats on getting your old car back :) I really wish I knew where my old valver was :( It wouldn't make any sense for me to buy it back, but I probably would anyway! You coming to the National Day?

Glad to hear you got it all sorted in the end! And congrats on getting your old car back :) I really wish I knew where my old valver was :( It wouldn't make any sense for me to buy it back, but I probably would anyway! You coming to the National Day?

Thanks Nick! It really is nice to be finally at the end of the tunnel & back in the light :D

I bet you were glad to have yours back too & your build thread is a good read. The install looked very tidy at the various points which i saw it at stealth.

I have wondered where my old valver was since the day i sold it....& regretted the sale from that point too. It didnt really make much sense for me to buy it back either but the temptation was too strong & ive told myself i can justify it by using it in the winter & keep my VR safe & sound & away from all the salt etc

im undecided on national day yet - are you planning on attending?

In regards to the Stealth remap following fitting of the 263 cams what was the increase in bhp? I had a plain vanilla install and my stock VR6 with 263 cams now comes out at 209bhp. The difference is in how much smoother the power delivery is and a little more urgency lower down the rev range.

Thanks Nick! It really is nice to be finally at the end of the tunnel & back in the light :D

I bet you were glad to have yours back too & your build thread is a good read. The install looked very tidy at the various points which i saw it at stealth.

I have wondered where my old valver was since the day i sold it....& regretted the sale from that point too. It didnt really make much sense for me to buy it back either but the temptation was too strong & ive told myself i can justify it by using it in the winter & keep my VR safe & sound & away from all the salt etc

im undecided on national day yet - are you planning on attending?

Thanks mate, yes I've just officially signed up to it on the CCGB and it would be a good time to show off your VR! Better yet, get a friend to drive your valver in too :)

In regards to the Stealth remap following fitting of the 263 cams what was the increase in bhp? I had a plain vanilla install and my stock VR6 with 263 cams now comes out at 209bhp. The difference is in how much smoother the power delivery is and a little more urgency lower down the rev range.

Hello m8 - my power output after stealth map was the same as yourself.....209.8 BHP IIRC & lb/ft not far off the same figure. I forgot to take pics of my ECU maps last night but will get them on here in next couple of days so you can see

Vince mentioned that is about the usual overall output with those upgrades but he has had a couple of VR's that made approx 220bhp but had no idea why

Your quite correct that the main difference is in the delivery & response, it is so much more urgent throughout the rev range.

I had the pleasure of using my gf's storm during the 2 weeks my VR was last at stealth & it felt like mine was on red bull when i got my VR back lol

Thanks mate, yes I've just officially signed up to it on the CCGB and it would be a good time to show off your VR! Better yet, get a friend to drive your valver in too :)

Thanks Nick - there is quite a bit more on the 'to-do' list for the VR before im happy to show it.......

Fit the new bonnet lining after removing decaying old stuff

Lots of new shiny bits in the form of stainless kits from daves16v

Renew headlining

Change spot & indicator lenses

Get few spots of paint work sorted & bonnet sprayed again as its covered in tiny pimples thanks to an unclean bodyshop :(

Plus i think the gf would put up a strong argument that she would only go in her storm lol