Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged Junkie

Fuel pipe diameter?

Hi All,

Got a nasty petrol smell when driving the car, I recently changed the fuel pipe from the fuel rail to the fuel pressure switch with a braided 8mm fuel line but doing a search on here i`ve read it should be 6mm but am not 100% sure.

Want to replace that pipe and the fuel inlet pipe to the FPR and the return but of course EKTA doesn`t state what the ID are and as VW Stealers are unbeleivably pricey for pipes i want to avoid them

so does someone know the internal diameters of these pipes?

Cheers,

Ian

i changed the main fuel pipe & return pipe 4 VW pipe + clips £79.00 and the one from the fuel

rail to switch 8mm (on a G60 ) my mate has a G60 i put stainles steel braided 8mm pipe on hes no problem

on both G60

All VW's use 8mm ID pipe!

On the G60 buy nothing but the original ones from VAG

main fuel pipe & return fuel pipe VW but the fuel rail to switch i get fuel injection pipe from halfords 8mm no problems

vw parts by ones fit ones :D

main fuel pipe & return fuel pipe VW but the fuel rail to switch i get fuel injection pipe from halfords 8mm no problems

Yep - It needs to be the very best quality stuff though as it bends into a U and there is loads of heat... also get the newer style spring clips for the ends, these will also make the hose last longer compared to the original fuel clips.

Yep - It needs to be the very best quality stuff though as it bends into a U and there is loads of heat... also get the newer style spring clips for the ends, these will also make the hose last longer compared to the original fuel clips.

thanks i may change the pip i got from halfords for the vw one . i allso got the newer spring clips to i uesd them on

all 3 pip and for the full fitter ×2 as the hose clamps where sh!t . :grin: