Sign in to follow this  
jonybravo

which rims

I've previously posted on here regarding some Rota cup rims that I wanted, I ordered them and then had a change of heart and cancelled them. Currently debating over these 3, and would appreciate any opinions. They will be 17 by 7 on a green rado. Thanks

lenso3.jpg

lenso.jpg

lenso2.jpg

image826.jpg

don't like clearly fake splits so i vote the bottom ones. I don't mind convincing splits but wheels like that look weird with them, last ones look alot more tasteful

changed my mind again and ordered some different ones, I agree with you all that the bottom ones were better, but it annoyed me that they only did them in a 7 inch width wheel, and I think the rado really needs 8inch width (minimum) for a decent stance.

They should be delivered soon, so i'll post pics then

Re comment about the original wheels, yes they were acceptable, but they were chosen by previous owner and are pretty battered, coupled with the fact they weigh a tonne. Just wanted some rims which have a deeper dish.

out of interest, I'm picking the rims up in an hour. Want to fit them straight away, does it matter which wheels go at the front and back? I.e will there be markings on the wheels to tell me which side to put each wheel on?

cheers

out of interest, I'm picking the rims up in an hour. Want to fit them straight away, does it matter which wheels go at the front and back? I.e will there be markings on the wheels to tell me which side to put each wheel on?

cheers

Shouldnt be unless you have tread specific tyres on them

Spent the best part of this morning doing some mods, thought I'd post some pictures for you all to see:

First image shows gear knob and gator off

image1046.jpg

Then, new gator added :clap:

image1047.jpg

Et voila, gator and gear knob all sorted :D

image1048.jpg

Then the unveiling of the rims

image1050.jpg

image1049.jpg

Bit of elbow work later:

image1051.jpg

image1052.jpg

image1053.jpg

Just need to get some spacers for the front, and perhaps lower it a bit further on the adjustables.

Ride is much more comfortable, I've gone from 17 inch to 16 inch, and the difference is VERY noticable.

Now just have to wait for the missus to get home and hopefully she won't notice that the rado has new wheels! :)

£650, which included locking wheel nuts+nuts. Although the missus will get told they were £300 off ebay and that I can sell the old ones for £150 thus they only cost me £150

I'm not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot :lol:

£650, which included locking wheel nuts+nuts. Although the missus will get told they were £300 off ebay and that I can sell the old ones for £150 thus they only cost me £150

I'm not sure if it will work but it's worth a shot :lol:

lying to the missus about how much you have spent on the corrado is just how it goes, if my missus even new a 1/4 of what i have bought/still got stashed, i would be spending the night with my four fingers and thumb for company :lol:

nice rims though.

so you went back to the originals, good choice - I'm in favour, obviously :lol:

(though i don't feel as special as I used to :lol: )

now you just need to lower it!

oh yeah and invest in a nice sheep skin wheel brush to clean these as it is quite tricky getting right into the backs of those dishes :norty:

Hey borabob,

Yes I went with the originals! Should have just made my mind up and stuck with them first time round. Do you find that there is hardly any clearance over the front calipers?

I've got some spacers ordered for the front just be be sure