asummerz

all red rear lights?

Here's mine, took ages to do. Spent about 2 hours preperaring them with wet and dry paper, then gave them about 10 light coats of red paint, 10 coats of clear lacquer then t-cut and a good polish. Well pleased with how they look............

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfSDC10476.JPG[/attachment:1wtnik3n]SDC10478.JPG[/attachment:1wtnik3n]

gonna be doin mine soon but can't decide wether to go all red or leave the reverse light unspread :norty:

I would say go all red if its just a show car, but if you use it every day then leave the reversing light. It is a bit fiddley to mask up but worth it to be legal.

the other thing to look out for is the reflectors, you need them for the mot too, i have seen a corrado with all black lights then reflectors stuck around the numberplate :nono: don't over do the red or you could lose the reflection!

i prefer the reverse painted red but i'm not keen on pink reverse lights. you could alter the size or shape of the reverse lights.

anyone know if i can sand down the orginal lights, then laquer them so they come up nice and shiny :grin: ??

like the look of smooth polished up lights, but want to keep mine orginal now...

U shouldn't need to rub them down 1st unless they're really scratched just get em polished and they come up smooth and polished

ok thanks, will take them off this weekend and giv them a tcut and polish and see how they come up

i've found that autoglym metal polish works very well on standard lights to remove scratches and bring out the shine

the resistors are needed. they don't affect the brightness, they are for flash rate. the low resistance of the LEDs means the flasher relay sees it as a blown bulb and therefore indicators will flash too fast

the resistors are needed. they don't affect the brightness, they are for flash rate. the low resistance of the LEDs means the flasher relay sees it as a blown bulb and therefore indicators will flash too fast

Ok i have all red clear lights so they have individual bulp holders. Which wires do i need to connect the resistors to?

thanks

you connect the resistors in parallel with the blub:

dodgy diagram:

+ (positive) ----------|------------------|

---------------------resistor--------------bulb

ground-----------------|------------------|