Sign in to follow this  
Slimg60

Polishing Alloys

I fancy polishing the lip on my borbets. When I first brought them they had lost a bit of lacqur had peeled a bit, so I sprayed them up quick as I needed to use them.

Is it just a simple case of stripping this paint off, and getting to work with metal polish and elbow grease?

Or is there more to it?

Cheers

Slim

yeh thats all you need to do, but it will take you ages to do it without the proper equipment, plus you will have to clean/polish the wheels all the time so they dont tarnish, your better of getting them diamond cut, wont look as shiny but will save you having to get the metal polish out every weekend.

Ah cool, thanks for the rapid reply

so it's not as easy as just polishing them and leaving them?

Errrr no :grin:

Wish i had just had mine professionally done now. Bloody hard work doing them and annoying to keep on top of them to keep em shiny.

i've got tt comps, so big flat alloy faces. After having stripped them down (initially) i now just polish them once a month with Belgom, which really holds up against tarnishing, and even salt when i used them a few winters back. When they do get really dull i put the poilishing wheel on them. Hope that helps.