Sign in to follow this  
tonedef

Adjusting Standard VW Colours

Last month I had some paintwork done on my R32 and was talking with the guy in the paintshop about painting the Corrado when I finally get chance to start work on it. I don't want to change from Classic Green as I think dark colours really suit it but I was wondering if anything could be done to make it look not so dull, he suggested mixing extra colour into the lacquer to increase the flip on it, he also said if we do this he'll mix lots extra to keep on a shelf in case I ever need repairs!

Has anybody else tried this? It might be the only time I ever have a complete paint job done on the Corrado, it's in pretty good condition already but rather than touch up the couple of bits that need attention I'm going to have a full repaint and I thought I might be able to give it a bit more presence........a bit like the R32 looks in blue (the only colour an R32 should be allowed in!) while staying with the original colour :shrug:

Didn't Bally get his valver painted aqua blue with more purple added? Sure a few people have.

Didn't Bally get his valver painted aqua blue with more purple added? Sure a few people have.

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for....need to try find someone that's done it with classic green now! Cheers