Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Off to the Nurburgring in early Aug 09

Hi chaps,

I'm lucky enough to live in Germany and only a couple of destricted Autobahn hours away from the Nurburgring...well, I finally think I'm going. I've bottled it a few times when mates of mine have gone, but its coming closer to when my time in Germany might be up, so its something I really want to do.

I'm planning to go either the 8th or 9th of August, probably staying in a B+B there too. All I have to do is try to sort out why my car is currently getting a little hot (which will be another post!).

Sooooo...is anyone else from The Corrado Forum up for it?

Cheers.

Apparently you won't be there alone - by an amazing coincidence, you've picked a huge Scirocco event to go visit! ;)

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=76848

Might not get much track time though as I believe there is an actual event on at the Ring that weekend!

Come and say hello, I should be there in my Mk2 Storm (probably the only RHD Rocco), along with 2cc, who''s passengering with me.

Oldtimer GP that weekend means loads of very nice cars will be on track, M1s, Lambos, Porkers, all privately owned, so the real deal :clap:

Even the KWL Rocco Mk1s will be on the track :luvlove:

Tempest

Looks as though I'm going down on the Saturday with my mate in his modified Mk2 Golf (if his gearbox rebuild is complete). Hopefully I'll see other plucky Brits there and we'll come and say hello.

I'm pretty sure I know the basics (i.e. don't brake/change gear round corners, look at the limit point etc etc), but does anyone have any tips specific for the 'ring?

Cheers.

There isn't much to say about the ring other than give it some respect and drive your own lap within your own limits! Easy to get pushed around by much more powerful metal out there! And take your time to try and learn it a bit..

We´ll most likely be occupied on Saturday with the party going on on the nearby campsite, so not sure whether we´ll actually have time to gop on track or to where the track entrance is. Instead Rolf, German forum admin, has plotted out a nice convoy route, should be good, 200+ people attending, so that should make for a very nice convoy of Roccos :clap:

Tempest

Make sure you arrive before 2 pm or so, when the Team GB is due to leave the site again for a 5 hour trip back to Dunkirk to catch the ferry :D

Waiting for 2cc to turn up, collect my Storm from DG, pack the Storm, do final shopping, and set off toeards further Rocco mates / stopover point in Kent, from where we'll set off tomorrow at crazy am :lol: :clap:

Tempest