Sign in to follow this  
B41LEY

Which alloys will fit ???

Have a 92 vr on original speedlines with standard brake set-up and standard suspension. All 4 tyres are due for replacing and rather than spend money buying new tyres i am considering changing the wheels all together. I only have a small budget of £150-200 max to buy new alloys with tyres so secondhand will be the way to go. There's plenty of sets on ebay for this kind of money, many wth the alloys in excellent condition with part-worn tyres. I would prefer to upgrade to 16's and avoid 17's.

Will any mk4 golf or audi tt alloys fit straight on or are the stud off-sets different? Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Nearly bought these yesterday but wasn't sure they would fit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0449551431

if you have standard brakes/suspension clearance wont be a problem...

Not strictly true. The brace bar on the 280mm calipers does come into play with a fair few sets of wheels. If you stick to OE VW your ok but aftermarket ones sometimes have issues.

Just a quick question, these alloys should fit yeah ???

5x100 16inch vw alloyswheels won!.jpg[/attachment:1od3s6rr]

They look like A3 wheels so yep will go straight on. Stud pattern and centre bore will be the same.

Tyres might not be ideal though. On 16s you want 205/45/16 or 215/40/16... I think :D

Just won them on ebay, going to collect them tomorrow afternoon hopefully. There was only the 1 picture and a very short description, lets hope there in good condition !!! I'll post some photos up when i get them.

Not bad... chunky 5 spokes always work well on the Corrado. Are the 7J? what size tyres you got on there?

Don't understand how you can tell what size tyre's they are from such poor photos??? Have the wheels i've just brought got the wrong tyre's on ???

Don't understand how you can tell what size tyre's they are from such poor photos??? Have the wheels i've just brought got the wrong tyre's on ???

They will have I guess 55 profile tyres to suit the A3 rolling radius size.