Sign in to follow this  
sparkyjr

please help my vr6

Wright situation so far, When engine gets to running temp it was hesitating when pulling away unless i reved it to about 2500 rpm then engaged the clutch and one died compleatly when coasted to a set of lights. I have changed plugs for ngk and new leads problem has got alot better but after about 40 miles of motor way it starts hesitating again :( coilpack has been replaced about 3 months ago, when car was serviced in jan the following faults were found.

vehicle speed sensor ( implausible signal)

Lambada regulation control limit not reached(intermittent)

Throttle possition sensor open or shot(intermittent)

mixture adaptation not reached (intermittent)

Engine speed sensor (no signal)

Also was told next service to change my fuel filter.

Could any of these things be my problem or does any one have any ideas? Also this was also the problem when my old coil pack was cracked but stopped when it was changed until now.

Thanks in advance

where all the faults fixed or do some still remain ?

as it sounds like they do also if you drove it with a faulty coil pack chances are there was unburnt fuel going in to the cat and that will be shot too

the faults still remain im afraid to say. And coil pack was replaced about 4 to 5 months ago and only developed this fault about 3 weeks ago.

You can ignore the engine speed sensor fault, as the crank sensor doesn't pick up anything with the engine off.

Your throttle position switch may be responsible for a few of the other faults. I'd start off replacing that and seeing what codes come back after a drive.

Cool thanks for that i have given the throttle body a proper clean as it was filthy so hope fully that may help?

Isn't the throttle possition sensor part of the throttle body???

Yes, there's an electrical connector on the throttle body, that's the TPS.

Well the cleaning has not helped even unpluged my maf on way home and didnt do the same prob but ran like crap and twice didnt know where to idle and died but started up again. Going to get the car up and have a look for engine speed sensor as i dont think gwerks would have given me the fault if it was just a case of engine being off, Also since i have owned it the revs only show 400 rpm ish when idling?

You can ignore the engine speed sensor fault, as the crank sensor doesn't pick up anything with the engine off.

Your throttle position switch may be responsible for a few of the other faults. I'd start off replacing that and seeing what codes come back after a drive.

I had a very similar problem with my vr6 and it was the speed sensor, as soon as that was replaced it ran fine :?

I dont know if this will help but try changing the 109 ecu relay. This cleared up a stalling problem I had with my vr6. Also made the rear spoiler work again, which was a plus.

changing reply 109 wont really help if this fails the car dies instantly but may restart again if teh contacts close again.

Check the fuel pressure regulator - its on the end of the fuel rail and looks like a shiny silver bottle lid. Change the fuel filter and see how you get on. Was the replacement coilpack new or used? if used, try spraying some water (from a spray bottle) on it when teh car is running - if it sparks that's your problem, which can be solved with some epoxy resin.

coil pack was new from vw going to purchase a engine speed sensor tomoro if that doesnt work fuel filter would be next

Cool thanks you lot just got the old part no off so will order one tomorroe and hope fully owen vr6 is right and all will be well again fingers xed and ill let you know. :D

I had a very similar problem with my vr6 and it was the speed sensor, as soon as that was replaced it ran fine :?

If the engine is not running then the ecu returns the error that the speed sensor is not working (No signal), if the engine is running then it may return a different fault, such as intermittent short etc. It won't return a No signal fault if the engine is running, as it can't run without a signal. If you see what I mean.

coil pack was new from vw going to purchase a engine speed sensor tomoro if that doesnt work fuel filter would be next

But it won't work properly until the throttle position sensor fault is fixed... The ecu needs to know where the throttle position is to get the fueling right...

B****x i didnt see post and went out and spent £101on a new one today have not tested it yet but defo makes sense what youre saying.How much am i looking at for a throttle pos sensor?why are vw so exspensive boo hoo

Right a final update fitted engine speed sensor and has stopped splutering and genrally misbehaving. Throttle possiong sensor is on order any way to try and sort out my slow idling acording to my rev counter. Thanks for all youre help.