Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

Rattling door pins

think its the bar that runs from the handle to the bar the pin is attached to. probably some foam and tape will get rid of it - got my cards off at the moment and noticed rattling - will try the foam/tape fix to see if it gets rid of it. at least its not a rattle from the tailgate - i cant trace a rattle from the spoiler mech area...

As Leon says, where that bar is there should be a bit of foam / felt stuck to the door that might have come off...

That said I have seen a few Corrado's where there is no sign of this piece ever being there so either they have had a whole brand new door fitted or it's the good old Karmann build quality (or lack of!!)

that thick felt pad does seem to peel off without a trace over the years, might be becasue it's the 'wet' side of the door membrane.

think its the bar that runs from the handle to the bar the pin is attached to. probably some foam and tape will get rid of it - got my cards off at the moment and noticed rattling - will try the foam/tape fix to see if it gets rid of it. at least its not a rattle from the tailgate - i cant trace a rattle from the spoiler mech area...

i had a problem similar to this. Rattled whenevr was closing the boot and it turned out to be the license plate plinth that was loose.

maybe worth a look