Sign in to follow this  
dubboy

Changing the offset of BBS RS Wheels

I have been offered a set of BBS RS Alloys, which have come off an old BMW 6 Series.

They are 3No. 16x7 ET11 & 2No. 16x8 ET24.

As these are 3 piece split rims can anything be done with them to make the offset more friendly for a Corrado. i.e. a narrower back section of the wheel?

If they could I know they need a 20mm hub adaptor so would getting them to the offset of Design 90's make them fit?

Or have I not got a chance of making these fit?

If you use an adaptor the offset will lower or in plain terms stick out more. Theres not much you can do to move the mounting face so the only thing I would look at is redrilling if you can or if its possible infill weld and redrill if you have centre caps to cover this up. Personally I wouldnt do this though.

Are they 3 piece or 2 piece?

split the wheels and buy new narrower dishes, only way to reduce poke

are you worried about the poke or the coils?

The poke really as the adaptors are gonna make negative offset on the 7x16 and 4mm on the 8x16 so guessing are gonna stick out the arches to much.

If you use an adaptor the offset will lower or in plain terms stick out more. Theres not much you can do to move the mounting face so the only thing I would look at is redrilling if you can or if its possible infill weld and redrill if you have centre caps to cover this up. Personally I wouldnt do this though.

Are they 3 piece or 2 piece?

These are 3 piece alloys.

So was wondering if I could keep the centre lattice section and by new lip and a narrower back section of the wheel to make a more friendly ET.

Best off just getting wheels that fit in the first place n my humble opinion. Unless the offset is 55-60 and you can easily add a quality spacer

I got the exact same problem, im selling the wheels :( or if I get some dollar I'll widen the arches

All depends how cheap you are getting them as to whether its worth spending the time and money to make them fit. Even if you are getting them really cheap you will still be better of selling them to a bmw owner at the market price and then buying a set with adapter freindly offsets.