Sign in to follow this  
Danny B

Lupo blade judder

Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the Lupo/TT wiper thread already but those threads are soooo long to read :shock: so thought I would post seperately as I'm being lazy :sleeping:

Fitted my knew lupo wipers and used them in anger for the first time today, all in all very pleased vast improvement, however, they do seem to judder over the screen quite alot even though they actually clear quite well......anyone else had this problem, have I adjusted them incorrectly in anyway :scratch:

I think your new wipers grip on the screen shows that the old wiper mechanism has play in it. You might consider new linkages or try using rain-x on the screen.

I think your new wipers grip on the screen shows that the old wiper mechanism has play in it. You might consider new linkages or try using rain-x on the screen.

ahhh,might try rain X, thats alot easy.

anyone else had similar issues

I recently renewed all my wiper linkages/mechanism and they still judder, I'm still using the old wipers though.

I have the very same problem. Wipers judder when raining no matter if its light or heavy rain and at all speeds incl stationary. Its a little strange because randomly when i put the wipers on they are totaly smooth and do not judder at all. My linkage does not seem to have a lot of play in it. Im going to check out the relay and wiper motor this week.

my TT wipers have been great until i decided to clean them with some fancy wiper cleaner, now they judder and its really annoyed me, as they were fine before :lol:

arrrhhh :brickwall: the black magic of windscreen wipers continues, gonna take a closer look at motors aswell this weekend.

cleaning the blades with vinegar can help, i suffer from the same although im using really old blades just figured i need new ones and i use rain ex - drove from anglesey to leeds with out using my wipers once when it was rainiing quite a lot much to the worry of my passengers lol