Sign in to follow this  
mariojoshi

I just went to see THIS (BMW content...) Selling my C?

Karls post on the previous page explains I think Wendy..

stay well clear of the 850's mate, they are mega expensive on parts/fuel as some of the parts on the 850's are purely made for them so bm charge mega money for them.

The V12 is two E30 325i blocks in one casting and it is mechanically reliable, as proven in the 750iL. As always, it's neglect and tight fisted maintenance that gives any car a bad name. You can't buy a flagship car with a big engine and high tech gadgets (for it's time) and expect to run it on Nissan Micra money.

Agreed,

I've been informed that the S70 engine is meant to be pretty bombproof, but to have two coilpacks, batteries and alot of other things is going to virtually double servicing costs without a doubt.... but what would you expect?

Anyhow, I think this thread has bought about some interesting discussion!

One of the reasons I even considered this car is... well, I only do about 6k a year now and it'd be kept under cover. However...

.....Would driving a car like this so infrequently be even worse?

Have to admit, stupid prices on big motors has had me thinking a lot lately. Have seen the BMW 750 iL (same V12) for around £3,000 loaded with everything and a full BMWSH... I can't lie when I say it's tempting to buy something like that for a year!

One of the reasons I even considered this car is... well, I only do about 6k a year now and it'd be kept under cover. However...

.....Would driving a car like this so infrequently be even worse?

In my opinion yes. This is the sort of car you want to be doing big mileage in, cruising effortlessly in comfort on big continental jaunts. Not really the type of car you take out for a blast at the weekend....

Friend used to have one and it was lovely (840), fair bit quicker than the old VR, but bit barge like throught the twisties.

I probably do less miles than you at 4k a year and thats why I have the Corrado as it is a nice car for long journeys but is REALLY nice for a quick blast now and again.

Why not put our money into another money pit of an icon if you must :grin: and get something like this which would have you grinning ear to ear when you open the garage. :norty:

Lancia-Delta_Integrale_1992_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg[/attachment:qillhsew]

Another mate had one of these as well. Fookin amazing car!!!! When it was working :lol:

Enjoy whatever you get tho

Matt