Sign in to follow this  
Simon

Clifford intelistart

Intellistart 4 costs around £179, or about £230 fitted.

It's not a thatcham requirement, so fitting can be done by yourself, just a matter of plugging it into the accessory port on the main Alarm brain.

Works with Auto engines aswell and hooks up to most Clifford alarms, definitely the Concept range, but not sure about the cheaper Arrow 3 range though.

K

Yes but the AG is £849 new, so you would expect it to have remote starting as standard.

I'm sure you can find an intellistart cheaper on Ebay.

Mines new too. all the way from sunny Florida.

£850 for a car alarm, who are they trying to kid?

I might sell the remote start function off it, can't see the point.

Oh right, you've got the American G5? Don't think that's been released over here yet....we've still only got the AG4 according to Cliffies UK site....

So....£230...brand new? From a shop in the States? Sounds very good!

Agreed....almost a grand for an alarm is stupid and given Clifford's reliability reputation (lack of), you'd have to be mad to pay that.....

K

<.......................this space reserved for g60jet.......................>

No, sorry Kev - it wasn't in response to your post in particular.

Just noticed that Nigel seems to never miss a Clifford thread :lol:

No, sorry Kev - it wasn't in response to your post in particular.

Just noticed that Nigel seems to never miss a Clifford thread :lol:

OK, right you are 8)

K

i heard that that was not true, u keep your cat1 cetificate and have a seperate certificate for the intellistart. so it dosen't interfer with ya insurance

i had the intellistart on my g gti & it didnt affect my insurance,cool when you can start it still laid in bed on these cold winter mornings.mine cost £150 fitted cos i bought it with the concept 300,would have been £230 seperate

Very good job you don't habitually leave the car in gear then, ain't it! ;)

When you park on a slope and don't trust the handbrake there's not much choice..

Seen an intellistart4 module for sale on eBay at £65.00 brand new.

I won't waste the money on one for my saxo, but its a definate consideration for when I get my next car :)

what window did u break and how much did it cost to repair,,,,,,just something we should all know just in case the devils playing games again

what window did u break and how much did it cost to repair,,,,,,just something we should all know just in case the devils playing games again
you shouldnt have had to break a window to get in only takes a min with a coat hanger or something of that description.if you are relying on the intellistart to start the car when the battery is loosing voltage make sure your starter motor is in tip top condition.in my case it used to let the battery drain to much befor it would try to start it and it wouldnt start,quered it by putting a new starter motor on.

Very good job you don't habitually leave the car in gear then, ain't it! ;)

When you park on a slope and don't trust the handbrake there's not much choice..

Providing the intellistart is set up correctly you cant do that as in manual gearbox mode you have to set the intellistart, remove the key then lock the car and alarm. in auto gearbox mode the car can be started without having to set it up first.

Its great in the summer with the aircon on or winter with the heater on, good party piece.

I've just been told that to fit an intellistart to G4 security you need a laptop and wizard software. Is this true or can I get any old auto electrician to fit it?