Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyVR6

Gutted. Might have to sell my Jag :(

Unfortunately, it looks as though I'm going to have to sell my car. Basically, my Volkswagen Corrado VR6's gearbox and clutch are on their last legs and gearbox rebuilds simply don't come cheap. Plus, my wifes daily a horrible French Peugeot 406 is about to cost me £360+ ( :x ) mainly because its French probably.

I only drive my Jaguar whenever I'm back in the UK, it doesn't get much use, and I've only done about 3-400 miles in it. Last time I checked the car has done about 105,000miles and has full Jaguar/Aston Martin dealer history and a folder full of paperwork. It was owned by my Grandfather who had it for as long as I can remember before me and hardly ever drove it. I can't bring it over to Germany as despite having the luxury of having tax free fuel, at 19MPG the the Jag would kill me, driving my Corrado is bad enough! Plus I'd have to TUV it, get LHD headlights etc etc...

So, what it is it worth? I realise its not the big engine, nor does it have leather seats, but its in very good condition, no knocks, or rattles...and it appears to have a few nice options like climate control and electric seats. I've not done anything to it (just ordered a new gearknob).

I must stress that these photos were taken in April before I had a chance to spend hours cleaning it

1.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg6.jpg

7.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg

11.jpg12.jpg

13.jpg

Im afraid im going to have to own one of these at some point, my old man always wanted one and didn't get the chance before he died so it's sorta gotta be done :lol:

I was looking in the paper last week and you can get 7 year old jags with less than 80k, full leather and all the trimmings for £3k-£4k so I spose this one can't be worth much? :(

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, the running costs are the main thing for the 2nd hand prices for Jags. My family used it the other day for a someone's wedding and had to stick £70 worth of petrol in it!! :shock: Luckily mine is 'only' a 2900cc engine, so (for a petrol Jag) its fairly economical.