Sign in to follow this  
culshaw

tyres

I have recently bought a 2.0 16v and am looking at getting some decent tyres for it,

the current tyres I got are 195/45/15 V so I was wondering will 50 profile fit fine (it's been lowered 30mm) as they are cheaper :)

was looking at either:

Pirelli 6000's: http://www.blackcircles.com/information ... d=11024628 (£150 for 4 inc. fitting)

Toyo T1R's: http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php? ... 03s99p1667 (£120 on they're own)

welcome to other suggestions as well!

Cheers

Ian

They should be 50's anyway - not 45's...

I'd look at Goodyear Eagle F1's and Uniroyal Rainsport 2's - better than the above and around the same price...

where would be a good place to get them from as I will be needind new tyres soon

where would be a good place to get them from as I will be needind new tyres soon

Try spare deal tyres in wollaton(specifically wollaton vale, opposite the co-op), Ben is really good there can get you whatever you desire, local to you at a decent price too, been using him forever so if u rock up in the rado, he will know it and tell him I said give u discount :wink:

....... oh and not to be picky but its been lowered by 40mm :tongue: :grin:

H x

Try spare deal tyres in wollaton(specifically wollaton vale, opposite the co-op), Ben is really good there can get you whatever you desire, local to you at a decent price too, been using him forever so if u rock up in the rado, he will know it and tell him I said give u discount :wink:

....... oh and not to be picky but its been lowered by 40mm :tongue: :grin:

H x

Sorry all that was aimed at Culshaw, quoted wrong, having a blonde day lol :nuts:

Sorry all that was aimed at Culshaw, quoted wrong, having a blonde day lol :nuts:

Was going to say i dont know where wollaton is :D

Dont worry we all have them now and again

i shat myself there i was like how the hell do they know!

haha thanks for that; didn't even know there was anything else around the co-op!

Maybe a daft question, BUT, how detrimental would it be to fit 195/50/15's on the VR? Considering they should have 205's fitted.

Obviously only 10mm difference in width on each tyre, but the prices seem quite a bit different between the 2 sizes.

Anyone else done this already?

Cheers

Matt