Sign in to follow this  
VRSICK

GOOD IGNITION LEADS????

The time has come to change my ignition leads on my VR.

Should i buy the originals from VW or can anybody recommend anything better i.e Neuspeed Leads?????

If anybody can provide a link as to where i can can get the recommended leads from then that'll be great :salute:

Cheers peeps!

I have just replaced mine. VW wanted £120 think it was for leads. I got mine from GSF. a compnay called BBT. They are sweet as a nut and cost half the price.

I can recommend dubpower.

see here http://dubpower.co.uk/HT%20leads.HTM

I have just fitted their 10mm silicone leads. Very good quality, look the tits and even better was the price. Only trouble was the 10mm ones dont fit the plastic engine cover so had to do some trickery with some cable ties but looks and goes awesome now.

Dubpower were very helpful and delivered next day. Just ask for pete or sharon i think.

Hope this helps.

cheers jez

Cheers peeps. I think it'll have to be VW.

It wouldve been the 10mm ones but if they dnt fit in the plastic cover then i probably wont go for them. :lol:

Magnecore leads are also good ones - been having them on my Passat for years......and they have some that will fit the plastic...:)

It wouldve been the 10mm ones but if they dnt fit in the plastic cover then i probably wont go for them. :lol:

Dubpower also do smaller and cheaper leads, i think 7 or 8 mm. I cant recommend the quality enough. Oh and no i have no ties to them other than a satisfied customer.

Mate, the Beru ones from VWSpares are the same, but much cheaper ;)

What does the difference in lead size between the 7mm 8mm and 10mm :scratch:

Sorry if its a noob question but If you dont ask you will never know :grin:

What does the difference in lead size between the 7mm 8mm and 10mm :scratch:

Sorry if its a noob question but If you dont ask you will never know :grin:

Absolutely nothing unless you're running a highly tuned engine :)

On G60's they can provide a bit of extra heat protection and they are stiffer so stand up away from the block but the standard ones do the job fine.

On a VR it's not worth fitting anything but standard as they fit the cable management well and are all exactly the right length etc

As has been mentioned does not really matter on the thickness except that they look bling. What matters more is the quality. Avoid cheap leads the fittings and insulation are rubbish, i had to return two "new" sets of cheapo leads due to current leakage out of the insulator bits that go over the plugs. Like most things in life you get what you pay for.