Kempy

My Satin Valver. issues :( water/electrics

I was thinking of getting a spare bumper, cutting the number plate recess out and getting a plastic welder to weld it into my bumper, but I haven't really given it that much thought, it might just be cheaper to get a US bumper shipped over.

been finishing it off today so its super smooth. its mad, i sanded it and cant feel a single defect but as soon as the primer goes on it finds all imperfections

use a guide coat, get some dark coloured paint and dust it over the bumper,block sand it and all the low spots will still have paint in them. then fill again and repeat the process until there isnt any low spots

use a guide coat, get some dark coloured paint and dust it over the bumper,block sand it and all the low spots will still have paint in them. then fill again and repeat the process until there isnt any low spots

cheers for the info :notworthy: I'll give that a go... A dust is just a single coat right?

ive just smoothed off my front bumper completely and ive been block flatting it for 3 days, its still not perfect but very close

ok cool :salute: Its something you gotta get right because its right there on the front end . I hope I got the shape right

Been working on the car for a bit today.. some good news. I have managed to get temp needle to work, think it was just a poor connection. Oil temp still no joy though.

I let the car run up to temp to see if the fan spun and it didnt :( I know the fan works( I tested) Im assuming its the thermoswitch? Also fuel leaked from the pump :(

try a new temp switch in the rad , i dont think they are that much from the stealers.As for your pump have you tried fitting new copper washers between the banko fittings? my older valver used to do that

I hope its just washers, I didnt notice it before which is annoying :mad2: Is there such a thing as a different/modded switch for the rad? I read somewhere :lol: any ideas on the oil temp not reading on my mfa?

i've seen them, i'll probably get one at some point.. I think im gonna test the old one see if its knackered

wayne used a dona bumper, check his thread.. I used ply wood as I had it already :lol:

maybe different models had a different plug end so this might be fitted to the wiring to allow you to use the neuspeed one. i dunno just a guess really

spent a minute today fitting the new thermoswitch, took the old one out with it in-situ in the bay (at the time didnt think much about the fact no water came out?!) anyway I fitted the new one and ran the car up to temp and again the rad fan never came on. I worked out how to bridge the switch and it worked....... so I'm thinking after the event its got a blocked rad??

no water came out!

there's definitely something up, better get that radiator flushed both ways with a hose to see if it's restricted.

you don't want to be cooking the head and warping it.

right. Ive not done anything on the satin for ages now. Im looking at getting the car garaged nearer to my home so I can get work done on it more regularly. I did fit a cheapo rad, sorry guys. Maybe I'll get a better one next year. I think the car is running fine now :lol: cant remember. The thing that I do remember was that the stupid underside fuel pump was leaking, now I fitted the pump nearly 3 years ago probably but It only did about 1000 miles, if that. Why might it start leaking like that, it seams to me coming from the joint/banjo. I really cant stand working on the fuel pump, its not a nice job :mad2: It didn't leak at all before, would something perished through not be used?

bump

got a new unit. gonna be moving-in in 2 weeks its got a proper ramp in there :) and even a tyre fitting tool plus its really close to my home. result