Kempy

My Satin Valver. issues :( water/electrics

very dopey of me, the sender i'm thinking of is mounted flat on the bottom left!

[back pedal, back pedal] :D

could you tell me please what should be bolted into the head on the other side? I made a topic but nobody has replied.

Im getting close now, Just waiting to fit my manifolds. Just another little Q, The bits where the manifolds meet arent very clean and have some paint on them, whats the best way to get these ready for gaskets and then fitting, I didnt want to be too abrasive :shrug:

My satin valver has been moved into a different shed whilst the other gets a clean for the farmers cousins wedding :lol: anyway, it got moved and its nice and snug in its new home, plus I got all my stuff tidied without lifting a finger ( there was a lot of crap)

26042010118.JPG

26042010120.JPG

26042010121.JPG

Im gonna spend all day on it tomorrow I would love to have it running :wave:

gonna paint the slam panel black now

Cant find 13mm allan bit socket for the injector crowns ( in shops anyway) I can get it off the net though

Sunday I hope will be start up day, waiting for delivery of temp senders

2 flood damaged mondeos unfortunately. More pics soon. Im not enjoying that barn tbh, I want it out sharpish. Its an incentive to get it finished

went to finish off what I had left to do on the car, first i had to pick up the temp senders. They only got me 1 :censored: . Anyway I went up to the barn to finish what I could. So I ended up doing everything :clap: only have the temp sender to fit when It arrives and add the coolant. Sunday I hope :D Then i can start the beast up I hope

TBH Im a little worried about the fuel injectors, How can I make sure they are fitted securely??

also had a fail with the bonnet catch, but thats sorted, I do need the horny/trumpety bit for the release cable, anyone?!? :shrug:

Ive also spotted whilst working on the engine that the charcoal filter doesnt seem to be used?, The hose that should be going into the TH is cut off and has a bolt in it? Is this some kind of mod? ta. Gonna start her up today :eek:

Quite gutted i couldnt get it started today, when i added coolant the flange into the head was cracked and water poured out :censored:

23052010188.JPG

this is how it looks anyway

23052010187.JPG

23052010186.JPG

so i tried to start her up today. It doesn't have spark going to the plugs. I tested the plugs on my daily and there was spark. So what could it be? The rotor arm spins, and dizzy is newish. I don't know much else as for as ignition

I got no multimeter :gag: What I can do is swap coils from my daily??

Afternoon 8)

I had a few hours today on the valver to no success :mad2:

I swapped coils from my daily.. still no spark, the coil from my satin is now in the daily and working fine

I swapped HT Leads from my daily...still no spark, The HT leads from my satin are now in the daily working fine :wink:

I also swapped the dizzy cap but managed to break a connection from the lead from the coil :censored: so I need a new one. Still no spark

I had use of a multimeter and tested the power going into the coil and the plug was reading pretty much 12v

then I tested the lead from the coil ( this read about 9v ) to see if any voltage was being lost and to see the coil was functioning ok, the coil. But Im sure both coils work fine...

Not sure what else now :shrug: :shrug: thanks again

just thought to ask, are 9a and kr dizzy's the same, cause i got a 9a one on my kr head

bump

I cant get this to spark still :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

When cranking the coil is giving me a reading of 10v I also tried starting when byepassing the starter switch and no luck. Any ideas next? I cant really afford to pay somebody atm to look at it and waste time doing what ive done already.. I trust you guys know more anyway 8)

Today I tried the dizzy off my daily and put it in the satin it still didnt start. I then tried the dizzy from the satin and put it in the daily and the car fired up no problem... so I think both the dizzys i got are fine and I dont know whats next to look at :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

sorry no time to read back, have you checked you have an earth from the head/ block?

yea the earth appears ok. Do yo have any pics of what the KR head should have on the wires/senders etc.. because Im not 100% what goes where.. the spark control unit being the most important one :lol: